The Beginning of the End

*Back at the Academy*

"Zelda!" Sakurai called out to Zelda. Zelda put her sword down which was stuck out King Dedede who was ready to attack Zelda with his hammer. Zelda turned around. Sakurai walked over. He put down the hood of his hoodie and looked at her.

"Look sorta badass with that hoodie," Zelda smiled. Sakurai smiled back, "Any problems?"

"No no... I just wanted to say... Thanks for what you're doing. I'm really hoping Link has found Pit and he is returned safely."

"Sakurai," Zelda began, "Link left yesterday. It could be a couple of days before he returns..."

"I know, I know but when you have a Smash player kidnapped from your own academy, of course the president is going to worry..." Sakurai chuckled.

"ZELDA!" Zelda turned around and saw Toon Link running towards her, "Someone is outside, asking for you."

-------

"Who would possibly want to-" Zelda looked up to see a tall, slender woman standing there, "Bayonetta...?"

"Of course it's me. How lovely to see Princess Zelda in such a simple and cute outfit. Very warrior-like indeed."

"What do you want, Bayonetta?" Zelda mumbled.

"What do I want? More like, I came to deliver some big news. President Hirai thought I'd be best to come but anyway... Dante?"

"Sure... What's up with him?"

"He's missing. He was last seen prowling around the outside of your academy and that's it. We figured you'd probably know something that we don't."

"Are you suggesting that we kidnapped him?"

"Not suggesting, Zelda dear. Implying."

"Aren't they both the sam-"

"Okay ladies, I hate to break up the cat fight but seriously," Sakurai looked at Bayonetta, "We know nothing of Dante."

"Hmm... Of course you do, Sakurai," Zelda saw her wink at him and she felt anger boil in her. Zelda was envious of Bayonetta. Not because of her looks but the way she could flirt with men and not actually do anything. With Zelda, it involves either pushing them off a diving platform or sending them to save her. Bayonetta took a lollipop out and began to eat it, "Well, I should be taking my leave. Wouldn't want to waste your precious time. Oh, and Zelda dear?" Bayonetta let out her butterfly wings and crouched, "Duck." And Bayonetta jumped and disappeared.

"Wha-" Zelda was hit by a blast of blue energy and was sent flying, skidding across the ground.

"TABUU!" Sakurai yelled. Zelda groaned and looked up. Sakurai was shooting magic energy at troops while Tabuu was bringing in more reinforcements. Should we...?

Zelda cupped her hands around her mouth, "SMASH ACADEMY ASSEMBLE!" And with sonic waves, her announcement travelled. All these days of training. It would be put to the test. Looking up in the sky, multiple colours filled the air and soon hit the ground one by one, lining up beside Zelda. She looked around. And there they were. Sure, they were some were missing but that wasn't enough to deter the Smashers from battle.

"LONG LIVE, SMASH WARRIORS!" Zelda yelled. Tabuu laughed.

"You incompetent fools. Ha, what are you all going to do?"

"We will show you," Zelda said. She conjured up a sword in her hands and whistled. Soon, her purple Loftwing came flying down and she jumped on, "SMASH WARRIORS. LIKE I SHOWED YOU. LET'S GO!" And off they went into battle. Zelda took to the skies with Ganon, Toon Link, Olimar, Captain Falcon and Meta Knight. They were heading in for a lot of troops, "It looks like they're really packing it. Tabuu is our target but we need to eliminate his distractions. Ganon! Your dark magic!"

"With pleasure, your highness." Ganon extended his arm out. The Triforce of Power glowed and he unleashed a powerful purple magic beam, knocking quite a few enemies. Ganon dove down to clear out some other enemies.

"Excellent. Meta Knight, Toon Link, get the others. Captain Falcon, let's go!" Zelda dived down towards Tabuu, through the smoke they dove down, only to realise that as they got nearer, her Loftwing was deflected, causing the Loftwing to spring backwards.

"He's..." Zelda began but there was no time to argue, "Captain Falcon, can you get into contact with anyone?" Falcon flew down to inspect.

"I've got some bad news, Zelda..." Falcon said, "Everyone's frozen in time. No one is moving..." Zelda's eyes widened. The skies began to turn purple and black and thunderstorms began to emerge as black clouds rolled in, "What do we do?"

"What do we do...? I don't know... Hey..." Zelda looked at her Loftwing, "You think you can help us find Link?" The Loftwing's eyes almost said, 'I could do...'. Zelda nodded.

"Zelda, I'm going to stay here and see if there are any changes. I'll keep you in touch."

"Thanks Falcon," Zelda said, "I'll try to be as soon as I can. Hopefully, we can find something..."

"Anytime..." Zelda gave one final glance. She noticed Sakurai, almost being flung into the air. She let out a strangled cry and covered her mouth, "Let's go," She said to her Loftwing, her voice breaking.