A Lone Daisy

"NO!" Link screamed. He fell to the floor on his knees and put his hands on his face, tears streaming down on his face, "HE'S NOT. HE CAN'T BE."

"Link, calm down," President Sakurai beckoned him, "Dedede, see that Mario comes t-"

"But Sakurai sir, he hasn't got a pul-" Dedede was cut off. Sakurai shot him a death glare and Dedede froze up. He scurried off.

"What ever has happened, the stakes have been pulled up higher. I can see that the person behind all this is asking for a real battle," Sakurai clenched his fists.

"But sir," Ganondorf spoke up, "What if it was Tabuu's doing? Surely he would stick to his word of coming back," Sakurai seemed to tense up when Ganondorf said this. He turned around and looked at Ganon, his face draining of colour. Ganondorf's eyes widened, "Sakurai si-"

"Not now Ganon... I need to go..." He said and pushed past him and walked off. Ganondorf turned around and stared down the corridors as Sakurai turned and walked upstairs. Ganon scratched his head in confusion.

Ganon turned around and looked at Link who was still on the floor, grieving. Link stood up and looked towards the ceiling. Ganondorf could tell this wasn't going to be very pretty,

"WELL TABUU. ARE YOU HAPPY? YOU'VE KILLED HIM. YOU'VE KILLED MARIO AND NOW, KIRBY IS NEXT. ARE YOU HAPPY?" He screamed into the air, his echoes bouncing down the corridors before dissolving into tears again. Ganondorf put his hand on Link's shoulder, patting his shoulder in reassurance and began to lead him out.

---------

Meanwhile, in the courtyards, Samus and Princess Zelda were sitting down on the grass. Zelda was absentmindedly picking at the grass while Samus was sorting out her blaster on her suit, her helmet off. They too were very tensed up of what was happening.

"And to think, by now, we would have come to a conclusion," Princess Zelda sighed. She saw a daisy standing alone in the grass, moving slowly with the winds.

"Sadly, we aren't like the late L. This requires many brains to work together and of course, Link. He's the one who saw everything." Samus said as she finally clicked her blaster in and held it out as it gleamed under the sunlight.

"Late L?" Princess Zelda questioned.

"He was the world's top detective but sadly, he passed away all too soon. They killed the person who did it but that had nothing to do with it. L and Sakurai were really good friends so it really hit Sakurai hard. He refused to speak to any of us for a few months, always kept himself locked in his office. This happened before you came here," Samus said.

"Samus, Zelda," The girls looked up to see Ike walking over, "I wouldn't have guessed you would be out here, what with what's happening," He looked at Zelda, "Especially you Zelda..."

"Link's is in such distraught. I think he needs to go back to Hyrule after this," Zelda said, "Look at this. This is just the beginning of such an emotional trauma for him; I really don't want him to suffer anymore than he's already suffered." Ike sat down, driving his sword into the ground next to him. He was also looking at the daisy. A few steps away, a flock of daisies stood by. 

"That daisy is intriguing. How it stands strong in the sunlight, with no one around to support the daisy or keep it company, to help it but I guess there isn't any competition for life supplies. But maybe there's a reason to why it stands on its own. Maybe the flower wanted to shine, show everyone it's true beauty. Every night, it closes up, away from the rest of the world and in light, it opens up, blooming, and for everyone to admire its beauty. Sadly, many people step on it without realising, crushing it and some picking it out of the ground, pulling its petals. If we were to just leave the flower alone, it will continue to grow, continue to spread its beauty amongst others," Ike looked at them, "Spring is the time for new beginnings, for new life to come up. This is a new beginning of a new war, a war which will be won by us, the Smash Warriors, and will be won again. Princess Zelda, you don't realise but you are a Smash Warrior. Everyone who is apart of this academy, everyone who is chosen to come to this academy is immediately a Smash Warrior. We were supposed to have a ceremony but tension is too high for anything to be happening right now," Zelda, Samus and Ike soon sat in silence, them all staring at the lone daisy.