Sky Battles

Pit stood on a platform of Skyworld, in front of the temple. It was destroyed, damaged. Just like when I was gone for three years and Palutena... I still have nightmares about this...

"Hey angel face!" Pit perked up at the sound of the voice. He turned around to a familiar face.

"Magnus?" Pit gasped. He ran over to him and stood in front of him whilst Magnus held his club over his shoulder, "What are you doing here?"

"Well, what does it look like? Viridi was kind enough to get me up here. I heard about Skyworld going to ruins. Lady Palutena lost her mind when you completely abandoned her," Magnus explained. Pit's jaw hung open, "Destroyed the whole of Skyworld and no one knows of her whereabouts..."

"But hold on, she's alive and well, back in the Smash Bros. Academy..." Pit said in disbelief, "Sakurai-san would be very... out of it if anything happened to her..." Pit said, scratching his head.

"Wait, are you saying Lady Palutena is alive and well?" Magnus asked, "You're out of your mind, Pit, but she's long gone. Hades rules the world now."

This fluid around me must be doing something. Maybe it was made to induce nightmares in your subconscious, to drive you to insanity. Ah, so you could give up your power? But I must not. It's almost as if the Chaos Kin is-

"When you are done talking to yourself?" Magnus asked. I spoke out loud? "Yes, you did, now stop, you are creeping me out."

If this is a dream/nightmare then that means...

Pit suddenly spread his wings out and flew off the ground, "I CAN FLY BY MYSELF WITHOUT THE NEED OF PALUTENA!"

But couldn't I do that anyway? In my gaming universe, I couldn't and here I am, in a desolated Skyworld.

"Ho ho, angel face, look at you go!" Magnus called out, "You would make Lady Palutena very proud!" I looked down at him and that's when I realised... I needed to get out of here and save the others...

Suddenly, a loud crash came from above and Pit looked up. A massive crack had surfaced in the sky and broke, a massive purple-like black hole in the middle. Pit could feel himself getting pulled in with such tremendous force.

Fight Pit!

The same voice sounded in Pit's head. Who was that?

You're almost free, c'mon! Use those wings! Break free!

Pit let out a loud cry.

The sounds of shattering glass and liquid falling on the floor pierced his ears and Pit fell out, coughing. He could feel his wings aching. He had broken free from his containment. But how did he do it...?

Well done, Pit

"Argh, my head..." Pit groaned. An alarm began to sound and the room filled up with red. I need to go, now. Escape now, questions later...

Pit stole a quick glance at the others. If he could let them out, he would but when it came to machine and technology, he had to ask someone like Samus who was still suspended in the liquid so really, what was he thinking?

Pit began to run for the door which led back to the office. Bad idea, obviously but hey, there were no other options, "SHOOT AT WILL!" Pit jumped out of the door as it closed and hid behind the desk. The guy, Kira, wasn't there. Probably stirring up another sub-master plan or something. The bullets hit, each bouncing off the walls while Pit ducked behind the desk.

I need to get out of here. Alright wings, let's do this.

Pit spread his wings and jumped up and flew out, much to the soldier's surprise.