The Incident of 2000

-Link's POV-

It was the year 2000, stakes were running on an all-time high and adrenaline was coursing through everyone's veins like no tomorrow.Even though this Academy had been here and standing for a year, almost two years in fact, there would be trouble. But, I looked at it as a test of our skill and power.

I stood in the grounds of the Smash Academy, people surrounding me, preparing themselves for battle, to go into Subspace, to Final Destination and defeat the one known as Tabuu.

I stood there, looking up to the skies, the sun beginning to set, cloaking the twilight sky in a toffee colour. I felt a breeze wrap around me and the trees rustling. President Sakurai was standing there with his assistant, engaged in a private talk and occasionally throwing glances towards me. Princess Zelda and Ganondorf were in Hyrule but were informed of what was to happen and were all praying for my survival. Had I made the right decision... To go straight into this?

"Hero, you can do it..." I turned around and saw Din, Nayru, Farore, Hylia and Fi standing there. Only I could see them, no one else. Farore walked over to me, hovering a hand over my left hand and the Triforce of Courage beginning to glow, "You are courageous..." She whispered, "The Master Sword didn't choose you for nothing. It chose you because it senses a great spirit in you, one that can wipe evil with one slash of the sword," Fi looked up and smiled, "I hope I don't disappoint you, Master," And soon disappeared into the Master Sword, it beginning to glow blue. I pulled the cape over my shoulder and quickly sheathed sword back into its scabbard.

I turned around to look at everyone. Just as I was about to speak, someone put a hand on my shoulder. I turned around to see President Sakurai standing there, a hopeful smile, "Link... You can do it... My faith and trust is in you..." I looked down at his arm which had massive gashes on it when he fought the beast alone, Tabuu. I carefully brushed the fingertips over his scars to which President Sakurai let out a slight whimper, "Even for the toughest person, there's always feelings hiding under such a tough shell," President Sakurai immediately drew his hand away and pulled down his sleeve, "It's time..." He wiped his eyes, tears stains appearing on his sleeves. I was shocked, "Do it... For us, for everyone..." His voice faltering. His assistant came and led him away. I turned around once more and inhaled a huge gulp of air, swallowing down the nerves.

"Smash students of 2000," I announced and a silence fell on the group, "Today, today is a revolution, for the Smash World. Today, we end the turmoil that was thrown upon us all, by the fiend, Tabuu. Already, we have conquered our shadow-selves, enemies and most importantly, his two helpers: The Crazy Hand and The Master Hand. Along the journey, we have scars to prove ourselves, to finally call ourselves the Smash Warriors, a title which is worked hard for. We shed our blood, tears and toil to get here and we aren't giving now. We can finally prove ourselves. Only being here for a year but look how much we have worked to get in. How privellaged were we when we got that letter from President Sakurai? It's a sign of your strength and today is the day we prove to him," I drew the Master Sword from my scabbard again and held it in the air, the setting sun rays gleaming off the sword and Fi's energy making it glow blue and the Triforce glowing on my left hand, "What we are made of..." A rush of adrenaline soon ran through my veins, "LONG LIVE, SMASH WARRIORS!"

As if on cue, a portal ripped through reality behind me. I turned around and was greeted by a swirling vortex of evil, purple and black. I inhaled a very deep breath again and brought the cape around me again. I closed my eyes and could see Princess Zelda standing in Hyrule Castle, her eyes closed, chanting prayers to the Goddesses. Lord Ghirahim and Ganondorf were standing in Faron Woods, hoping I would survive and I knew the three Goddesses, Hylia and Fi were right here with me, looking after me every step of the damn way, standing by my side. I said without looking back, "I'll go in and you come after me," and with that, I jumped in, landing onto ragged floor of pink trailing up to the arena stage. I began walking, may nerves beginning to kick in but no way was I going to give up now. I could feel a deadly aura emanating strongly from somewhere, beads of sweat trickling down my forehead as the place began to get hotter as we began nearing. Soon, cold flashes of images began pulsating through my mind, "Argh," I put a hand on my forehead, pain beginning to course through my head. "Goddamn it, what was that?"