Cruel Irony

"Link... You haven't, by chance, met Tabuu and Kira?"

Link's eyes widened. Anger boiled inside of him, "I've definitely met Kira..." For some reason, he couldn't recall Tabuu but he was going to assume he met him too, "... And Tabuu."

"Oh, so you have? Well, they don't normally cause trouble in our village unless they want something..." The woman said.

"You think it's Pit?" Link asked.

"Is that your angel friend? Probably. Come," The woman held her hand out and it began to glow. The boy looked at Link and Link looked at the boy.

And in a flash.

They disappeared.

----------

"So tell me," The boy said as he walked with Link. They were currently walking in the depths of the temple, "Who is this angel person?"

"Pit? He was the captain of a Goddess's army up in a place called Skyworld, under the wing of the Goddess Palutena. I do believe he was in a relationship with someone... Nina... Namora... Nadine... Umm... Nyssa, I think her name was... But that's for him to say. He's one of those people who will confide anything and everything to somebody, no matter who."

"Oh okay," Link, the old woman and the boy stopped at the stairs which led down into darkness. Link gulped the lump down his throat. He felt a slight fear running through him. Ironic, huh?

"Down here," The old woman held her hand out and a row of flame torches lit up, lighting the stairs up. The old woman walked down, followed by the boy and then Link. Link took his sword out of the scabbard, just in case of anything. As they walked down, the ground began to shake slightly, "Hm, looks like the enemies are beginning to invade the temple..."

"Are you not going to do anything, grandma?"

"Unfortunately, my magic has its limits. It's not like back in the day..." They finally reached the end of the stairs and walked across the grounds. Link looked around. It was still dark. Link heard a click and the whole room lit up. Link could almost hear choirs singing a very haunting hymn. It reminded him of the Temple of Time.

Up ahead in the centre was a giant statue which seemed to worship a deity of some sorts, by the looks of things. Link couldn't recognise it but judging by the gold material used and the size of the statue, this dude was quite an important deity. But nonetheless, Link didn't come here to be a tourist but to be a saviour. And he was about to claim that title.

They walked around the massive statue looked up. Stairs that led up to an altar. It was clothed with fresh flowers and light shone down the sky hole and shone down on someone in particular, "PIT!?" Link gasped. He tried to run up but was immediately flung backwards and onto the floor.

"I put a magical barrier to protect the young lad. Daniel here was lucky enough to be wandering the woods with his mother when they came across him. He was riled up. His wings were burnt out and boy, it looked like he could give way any minute. We brought him home and got him cleaned up and all. I managed to replace the wings with some magic and, he's been unconscious ever since. I've tried everything in my power to wake him up but, nothing."

"You are kidding me, right?"

"Ha ha ha ha ha," They all turned around to see a shadow figure in the darkness, "Woo, comedy show. Hey grandma, you should become a comedian?" Link clutched his sword tighter in his hands.

"Kira," Link shouted in a determined voice, "Why don't you come out the shadows and fight me like a real man? SHOW YOURSELF"

"Ah, but it would spoil the surprise, hm? Kira is just an alias name, or should I say, Kira II? Revealing me would spoil everything and I would have no choice other than to kill you. I like keeping my... How should I say, my spectators on the edge of their seats?"