• Prologue || Contrastive •

Swirls of fire ran around his finger tips.
Even if it was burning, his eyes shows the opposite; Coldness.

His mouth tugs a small sigh of boredom, before the flames in his finger tips disappear right after he noticed a human passing through. "This is boring."

He had been starting the life of immortality for almost twenty two years, and he had the power people would always want. People might actually consider him as a blessed existence, yet it was a curse for his self. Living different as the others wasn't his wish at all. But that's what he received then, and he didn't knew if the heaven above hates him for making him live like this.

He was a different kind, and he wasn't even human. He had always dream to be like the others when he was younger, but then his ability to be supernatural wasn't what the others wanted to be friends with. Now that he was growing up, he decided to hide everything about him and to come out as a human. No one ever realized he wasn't like them, he was different. Despite of people considering him as one of them, he never approached people and rely trust on them.

"Maybe it was true that no matter how hard you pretend to be something you're not, you won't ever be like that." The certain youngster murmured to his self, lightly clicking his fingers to play along with the dangerous flints of fire playing on the tips.

Shrugging, he rolled his eyes before standing up to march back in the classroom.

"Being Yook Sungjae sucks."

________________________________

A lady in her twenty's rushes inside a certain and limited class room, almost stumbling upon her balance before she caught the eyes of her teacher, who was motioning her already to introduce herself in the split moment.

"Hello, my name is Park Joy. I lived in Incheon way back then, but I'm glad to be able to enroll in this university. I hope you take good care of me as we all get along!"

As soon as he bowed her head down, she noticed a figure outside the window. He was tall, and his eyes were completely a mixture of black and white which confuses her. Blinking a couple of times, she realizes that there was no figure outside. Gulping to herself, she sighs before smiling once again. "You can have a sit beside Im Hyunsik."

She flashes a smile towards the guy that was meant to be her seat mate. Sitting down, she heard him talk all of a sudden. "You can call me Hyunsik." He lends his hand, as she clasps her hands along, shaking their awkward hands. "Joyiah."

She was an enthusiastic girl, who loves to be friends with everyone she meets. Maybe being inside the university wasn't a bad thing at all.

...

"This is our canteen."

Her jaw drops from disbelief, realizing how huge the canteen was for her. "Wow, daebak. This is big." Hyunsik chuckles from her cute remarks, before muttering. "Were you new to universities?" Nodding rapidly, she added. "I came from a small academy, so I'm surprised and new to big universities.", "Woah, so you're not used to big environments?", "Hm, yes." She giggled while they proceed to the lane to order their snacks.

"Don't worry, you'll enjoy a lot in here. Just stay away from assholes." He murmured, as she nodded. "Was there a lot?", "Of course, it's a university, my dear."

Chuckling to herself, she lightly clicks her tongue before muttering. "You're not one of them, aren't you?" Hyunsik laughs, while revealing his eye-smile before shaking his head. "No, aren't you quite straight-forward?", "Yes, I am like that.", "You're adorable."