• Six || Contrastive •

"Mwo?"

Her mouth fell wide open in shock, as she avoided his eyes right before she saw the neutral expression in Sungjae's face.

"I...", "I didn't heard what you were saying because I was focused on checking the place." She felt her heart that drops in the ground were suddenly piling back in her body. She didn't meant to say  it out loud, she just wanted to keep it all to herself until she confirms it all along. Clicking her tongue, she murmured. "I think it's safe, already.", Sungjae naively rose his eyebrow, as he nodded.

He's stupid for a supernatural one. Joy thought to herself, before getting rid of it in a swift motion because of her guilt. Sighing, she felt droplets of water falling in her face, as she lifted her head to see that it was coming from the sky. "It's raining..." She trailed off, before she felt his hand placed above her head, while she glances over him. Her heart fluttered when he was looking over to her eyes, before his eyes went over her head. "Your house were still far." She gulped, before nodding as he scoffs. "Did you brought my jacket?", "I... did not." She muttered, before lightly running her arms crossed, soothing herself from the coldness. "Well, that sucks." He muttered.

She lightly clicked her tongue, gulping to swallow her saliva because of the dry throat she was having right now. A flustered feeling went up her heart, when she feels both of his hands circling in her body, pulling her closer as her breathe shortens from the abrupt yet bold action he initiated. His other hand went over to her head, as he muttered. "Let's find a near place to settle first into."

She was afraid to lift her face up, afraid that their lips might encounter once again that had been hindered earlier. She just nodded her head, feeling that her temple was hitting on his chin as she felt him sigh heavily. "The rain would stop later, let's just settle to a ramyeon restaurant."

Blinking a couple of times, she bit her lower lip before agreeing. Right before he can feel her heart beat, he already pulled away to throw his blazer in her face, which made her unaware that his face was burning as well even if his body was freezing cold. The heat crawling up against his whole face made it perfectly awkward for the both of them. He was thankful enough that she wasn't looking at him, he might actually want to freeze his self at the moment.

Her hands fumbled over to the blazer, the clothe hooking over to her head, while she lifted it a little to have a view of his face which already turns its direction away from her. With the material acting up like an umbrella to cover her from the rain drops.

"Let's go." He leads the way, avoiding her to catch his blushing face. He literally wanted to curse Irene for not teaching him a way to avoid a flustered expression. But from the way his heart was beating, it felt weird for him. It feels like a disease, something that he had never felt ever since he was born. It was weird, but he just decided to leave it alone.

"Won't you get sick after this?" She yelled on top of her lungs, making it possible for him to hear her despite of the loud rain. "You're asking an immortal a useless question." She pursed her lips together, rolling her eyes before running to catch up. But just when she was about to look at him, he already turns the direction of his face again. "You keep on turning your head away from me, it's suspicious." She shrugs, before he muttered. "I'm a little sick.", "You just told me that immortals don't get sick!" His eyes widen, before cursing. "Did I?"

"You just did, lately.", "Ah, right." He muttered while facing her, while her eyes lingered over the red dusting his cheeks and ears. "You're red.", "I'm not."