• Seventeen || Contrastive •

"Y. S.." Sungjae clicked his tongue, before muttering. "Where did you found that initial?"

"I found it in your notebook, I'm sorry for intruding in it..."  She was expecting for his temper to rise all of a sudden, but to her surprise- he simply nodded his head before muttering. "It was obviously an initial of my name, I didn't get on why you were worried about it." She lightly fiddles her fingers in her bracelet, adding. "I saw the same initial in my bracelet."

She witnessed him flinch once again, averting his eyes as she mumbled. "You should've told me that you're just hesitant on telling me.", "Believe me, I wanted to tell you... But, I can't."

She pursed her lips, deciding not to go any further. She nodded her head, before mumbling. "I'm still curious about last night.", Sungjae lifted his eyes to look upon her, making her smile awkwardly. "It's weird, I wanted to know who that soul was. I was already having ideas, but I'm not believing myself as well."

His eyes narrowed a little, before replying. "What do you mean about not believing yourself?", "Well, I... I thought that something was wrong at the night my dad came home.", "And?", "Well, I have this feeling that my dad knows something."

His teeth sunk to the bottom lip, currently in frustration whether to tell her everything or let Irene give him the signal. "You told me to only trust you so that's why I'm telling you this." A small smile escaped his lips, before she added. "I wish that you can do the same to me." He abruptly stops in his tracks, before she smiled.  "I wish you can be fully honest on me, soon."

Chuckling lowly, he took a sip of his drink before muttering. "If I went too honest with you, I might break your heart everyday.", Her heart drops all of a sudden with his confession, before asking. "Why would you want to break my heart?", "It's not that I wanted to. It's because that's what the deity do."

Her breathe hitches by the sense of his response yet she felt like after his words, everything was falling down into lies. "Don't consider my feelings as a lie, that's the only honest thing between us right now."

She smiled weakly, nodding. "You're right."

"This is an example of honesty, Joy. I.. don't want to hurt you furthermore because of the obvious reality on us." He mumbled, his head lightly ducking low to have a full view of her beautiful yet sad face. "Gwenchana. I can take your honesty, just as long as it wasn't about your disappearance." He felt his self blanked out through her words, before feeling her hands crawling in his fingers as she squeezed them tight. "Right?"

A small weak smile was forcedly drawn in his lips, before he nodded. "I promise."

But that's my only lie right now. I can't bear to see you crying because I'm so close to dying.

____________________________

"What are you going to do? She's so close to knowing you as her mother." Wendy tapped Irene's shoulder, while she responded with a small sigh. "I... I don't know and as much as I hate to say this, Sungjae is so close to disappearing. I can feel that Hyunsik's clan is so close to declaring a war.", "Wait, Hyunsik!?"

"As far as you can see, Hyunsik is a great disguise." Irene mumbled, before Wendy sat down in frustration, muttering. "What do you mean by Hyunsik's clan!?"

A small knock on the door was heard, before they both turn their heads to Seulgi who was entering. "Seulgi, gwenchana?" A small smile plays on her lips, before she sat down. "There's no use to being furious, right?", "Wait, I'm confused. How can you all say that Hyunsik is a great disguise?"

"It's such a pity because I've been fooled through out my life as well. It turns out that he was only getting the perfect chance to eliminate me because I was the one teaching Joy everything when my immortality was alive.", "How did.."