• Nine || Contrastive •

"It's almost a freaking hour and she's not yet coming back."

"Calm yourself, Yook Sungjae." Wendy crosses her arms, before Eunkwang and Peniel quickly exchange some worried looks upon their whole hour of waiting.

"How can I calm myself down when we know that it's our enemies talking to her?" He exclaimed, before Seulgi butts inside the conversation with her talk, "I think Joy would be perfectly fine.", "And who are you to say that?"

"Because Changsub is not an idiot to perform a careless move." Irene suddenly appear out of nowhere, startling the guy who was busy ranting about Joy's disappearance.

"Seulgi, I'll leave you at first here. The others would search for the possible place they were hiding to, you may now unfreeze the other mortals." Irene remarks, before throwing Sungjae a look before he gulped. "Let's go." He left without any thinking, as Seulgi remained frozen in her spot.

"What was Joy thinking?" Seulgi murmured, her hands were about to unfreeze everything, until her eyes widen to see a perfectly moving figure matching towards her.

"Hyun..sik..."

"I saw everything." Hyunsik heavily sighed as he averted his eyes away from Seulgi who was about to walk towards him. "... How come you're unfrozen?" Her eyes nervously looks at him as she marches closer. "I was sleeping along with Peniel before I felt everything stood immobile, but I pretended to sleep while I was holding Peniel. And then, he stood up, leaving me lying on the desk as I heard some explosion down there... I realized that everything stops in the moment except for me... and except for you people down there."

Seulgi felt her breathe hitching and her heart beat rising. "Hyunsik, listen I-", "What are you?" Hyunsik questions her, hatred was already lingering in his eyes as she felt her eyes moistening for the first time in her life. "I... can explain.", "It's been a long term of friendship that you were hiding something from me, how can I believe you at this moment?", "Hyunsik, please listen to me." She pleaded, grabbing his arm all of a sudden while she felt tears streaming down her eyes. His eyes lingered close to stare at her, before mumbling. "After all these years, it was the first time to see you cry." His voice cracked, before adding. "Is this confidential?", She slowly nodded, lowering her head as she tried to crawl her fingers with Hyunsik.

To her surprise, Hyunsik yanked his arms away. "That's enough for me to know." He sarcastically chuckled with despicable look in his eyes towards her. She was unable to talk, because of the sobs coming out from her mouth. "Please listen to me."

"I've had enough, Seulgi!" He exclaimed, startling Seulgi as if she haven't got any abilities to show. She felt powerless infront of him, tears continuously streaming down her eyes while she murmured. "Please, I didn't told you this because...", "Forget it, I'm going." He strictly and frankly replied, before looking around. "Bring everything back to normal, and stay away from me starting this day."

He turns around in sorrow with his feet, as she held her chest tight. "Hyunsik-", "Don't you ever bid my name again, to whatever you are." He walks away slowly.

As soon as he disappeared, she fell down on her knees, covering her face as she cried out loud, almost curling herself into a ball, tears uncontrollably falling down while she haven't got the time to unfreeze everything because of the pain slamming in her chest continously, more on the moment he turns around and coldly walked away from her. "I'm sorry, you might threaten my life from now on."

Hyunsik left those words carved in her heart as she cried loudly, tapping her chest redundantly. For once, she felt warm by her own presence as an immortal. She felt emotions running in her whole body, her shaky fingers running in her face as she mumbled, "I'm sorry for not telling you earlier."