• Eighteen || Contrastive •

"Irene is your mother."

Joy lifted her shocked gaze over him, her mouth falling wide open in surprise before Sungjae added, "She didn't want to tell you at all, thinking it might ruin your life as it progresses. It's even worse since we're in a situation like this." Her lips trembled, before mumbling. "I- i- is she really my mother?", "To be honest, it was a speculation- until your father left an alibi of you being Yoon Sorim."

She stood up in instant, before Sungjae surprisingly looks at her.

"Was that the name for Y. S in this bracelet?", "Who gave that to you?", "... I saw it in an old cabinet that I assumed it was from my mother since I can see blurred pictures that only leaves a clear image of... me.", "Do you know why those are blurred and burnt?", "Was it... because of the demons avoiding me to know her?", "That's something that I honestly have no idea with."

Biting her lower lip, she sighs heavily before lowering her head down. "She's still... here.", "Are you okay?", "I want to meet her." Joy mumbled, tears piling up in her doe shaped eyes before Sungjae murmured, "You can't meet her yet.", "Why?"

"She's already receiving penalties because of the danger she's been involved into along with us.", "Wae!?", "Guardians were not allowed to interfere in this kind of feud, it makes them take advantage over weaker immortals." He mumbled, before Joy muttered, "Will she be fine?"

"She should be.", "Who's Yoon Sorim, by the way?" With a nervous gaze, Sungjae muttered. "That's your real name."

And he went on with the story about Irene having her as her child. Her heart was heavily sinking by knowing everything. But, that fact that his eyes were sad while teling those words... It made the situation worse for her.

Her heart sinks, as if she was living her whole life as a lie. "Joy, I...", "I'm fine." She murmured, her breathing motion becomes unstable because of the information she just gathered. "I feel like I'm living in a drama." She mumbled sarcastically before she felt her head being patted by Sungjae. "I don't know how to act at all, knowing that my mother is still existing but..." She trailed off, sighing heavily before adding, "I missed my mom even if I just knew her just now. I missed... how was it to feel like being cherished." She looks over him with sad eyes, before she asked, "Have you ever felt like that?"

"I didn't." He smiled weakly at her, trying to make it sound better for her as he added. "I haven't even felt being cherished at all." She weakly chuckled, before mumbling. "I'm sorry.", "You don't have to be. Feeling love was weird for me to be honest, now that I'm feeling it towards you."

To her surprise with his words, he carried on. "It sounds sad. But, I never felt anything like this before. I never thought that I would, and I'm thankful that I felt those ways before I had the time to completely disappear." Her heart pounded at the thought of him disappearing. "I just felt genuine love towards you also, to be honest. I guess everyone has their broken parts, right? But, it's sad that everything in you was broken with you denying it."

He chuckled, biting his lower lip before mumbling. "I can't leave you right now, don't make me cry." She weakly smiled, before wiping her tears away. "I'll be able to meet my mother sooner, right?" He smiled, "You would, I would do everything about it."

She grins, nodding. "You've changed a lot after we met...", "Thank you but, I never wanted to make this sound as our last meeting." He stood up, as Joy smiled.

"You still never fail to amaze me on how calm you were right now, I'm glad you can manage to cope with everything.", "I'm Joy." She smiled, as he asked. "Weren't you... planning to change your name as-", "Aniya. I'll only change them when everything disappears... I want you to remember me as Joy." She muttered, before he chuckled. "Okay then, Joy."