• Twelve || Contrastive •

He chokes over Changsub's grip in his neck, as Joy struggled along the roots of the trees to set herself free, repeatedly screaming on top of her lungs to let Sungjae go even if he wasn't listening at all.

Sungjae haven't got time to surpress his self from breathing. Instead, he grabs his shoulder, leaving a punch in his jaw before pushing him away abruptly, making him land into the small hole in the cave, enabling Sungjae to catch his breathe before speaking, "Joy wait for me, I'll just finish this-", "You know that you can't defeat me at this moment right? Knowing that your city is at risk." Changsub scowled, laughing hysterically before wiping the blood away from his lips to stand up.

Sungjae heavily breathed before muttering. "You weren't like this before you demon.", "I'm still your best friend, Sungjae. We all are along with Minhyuk, right?", "I have no demonic friends at all.", "Woah there. I bet that you were so close to being a demon, not until that girl came." He pointed to Joy who was caught off guard with his choice of words. Sungjae gritted his teeth before throwing another punch at Changsub who stood immobile even if the blood was leaking from his plump lips, "Wae? Have you fallen for her, are you one step closer to vanishing because of her?"

Joy's eyes widen with confusion in what Changsub was saying at all, before her eyes landed into Sungjae who nervously stole a glance at her, before he replied. "Are you out of your mind?"

Changsub noticed the way Joy flinches at his talk, before he chuckled. "Oh, you don't know? If this guy falls for you-" He was cut off when Sungjae leaves another punch at him, throwing both of them in the ground as Changsub grunted in surprise, feeling his weight resting in his body as he grabs his shoulder, hissing. "Shut the fuck up and let everyone go.", "Minhyuk holds the remote, so why bother?"

Joy blinks a couple of times, before she heard him told Sungjae that the remote was with Minhyuk. "Then there's a possibility that he can save us." She murmured, before she saw that the two were already having a huge feud when ray of lightnings were striking everywhere in the forest, letting her enclose her eyes before she whimpered at the tight grip of the branches in her legs and arms.

"Just stop this mess." Sungjae, with a swollen lips muttered before launching his self again forward.

"Not unless you hand that powerful soul." Changsub hissed, pointing his eyes to Joy who was busy struggling. "No." Sungjae yelled.

Joy breathed heavily, before she tried to focus to herself. "I do have powers, but why can't I use it!?" She encloses her eyes, trying to breathe heavily as she clenched her fist. She tried to imagine those painful things inside, just like what Minhyuk told her, but nothing was working.

Breathing in and out, she realizes that the air she was blowing was cool, the dead leaves freezing below as an idea pops in her head, looking around the branches before she decided to blow over it, to see that the branches were crispening, making it easy for her to escape in a moment.

Before she can escape, and before the two can kill each other, a familiar voice was heard elsewhere.

As soon as their eyes fell into the culprit of the voice, Joy sighs in relief.

"Yeri-ah."

Changsub laughed sarcastically, before standing up as well as Sungjae, who intently stares at the group of Yeri coming close, along with Minhyuk.

"Minhyuk, what's this shit?" Changsub yelled in anger, before almost launching his self forward to give a punch at him, as Irene and Wendy steps forward to block Minhyuk along.

A scoff escaped his lips, before muttering. "I have the right feeling of you from the start, asshole." Changsub pertains to Minhyuk, as he replied. "There's no use of doing this for that master of us, Changsub. You should-", "Why would I do that? You're basically a weak bitch from the start." He exclaims, before Irene encloses their gap, grabbing his arm before muttering. "You need to tell your master that this war would end his clan, since Joy won't go over with you." With her hand burning in the tips of his skin, he hissed in pain before biting back. "That's what you told Ilhoon before they caught me."