• Seven || Contrastive •

"It's been suspiciously quiet right after the encounter last two months.", "It's two months already? Did you fast forwarded everything?" An absent minded response fron him came, yawning as he crawled into the bed.

Irene placed her fingers into her chin, pursing her lips together as she glances over Sungjae, who was busy yawning while having his hands behind his head, lying comfortably on the couch. Glaring straight into him, she splashes him a water from her hands, startling him as he stood up straightly, yelling, "Yah!", "I've been talking to you, little brat!"

He scowled, rolling his eyes as he wipes the water off his face with his hands, before muttering. "Well, we don't know. Maybe they got tired of it?", "You're unbelievable. Where is Joy?"

He shook his head, "I don't know either, she told me last night something about going out with Seulgi and Hyunsik." With a loud screech of yell coming out from Irene's mouth, his eyes widen in shock as she yelled. "Does this look like it's fine to leave her alone?", "She's with Seulgi, what was there to worry?"

Irene bit her lower lip, surpressing herself from hitting him hard in the top of his head. Her eyes darted forward to meet his gaze, before she leans closer. "Don't tell me that you're sulking because she's with the two?" Defensive in instant, Sungjae shot his eyes wide open yelling. "Why would I be?" Irene stood silent for a while, before laughing. "You're starting to like her, don't you? A lot of months had passed by.", "Tell me about it."

Silence occured, before Sungjae realized what he was talking about. He slapped his mouth, before adding, "I don't." Irene shrugs, "You do realize that you were talking to a guardian, right?", "So?", "And you know that I can read between your lies?"

"What if I tell you that she annoys me a lot? I can enumerate the matters she ruined because of her noisy attitude.", "Well, I can say that you aren't lying over there.", "It's impossible for me to like a human.", "You keep on lying along with your fellow immortals. Did you know that the more you hinder your feelings, the more it grows?"

The defensive act went on once again with him, as he yelled. "Tell me signs about liking a human, then I shall believe that I like her.", "There's this amazing thing called internet , Sungjae. You might want to try and use your laptop after a couple of years, right? Also, it means that you're uncertain of your feelings-", "Nah, I just wanted to assure you that I didn't like that little brat.", "If we're talking about brat, it means that it's only you.", "Why don't you disappear within my sight?"

"Good luck on trying to fight your will, idiot." Irene shrugs, before she disappears into thin air before Sungjae rolled his eyes. He stares into the ceiling, before mumbling. "How was that idiot doing, though?"

He stares at the clock, before sighing. "I told her that she should be home before five in the afternoon."

___________________________

"Is it true?"

Seulgi gulped as her eyes avoided Joy, while sighing heavily. "Seulgi, please answer me.", "It would be a big mess if I lied to you, right?" Seulgi murmured, before Joy blinks a couple of times. "Yes, you do have powers, Joy. But, you need to promise me that you won't tell them, okay?"

Joy gulped. She always hated lying, she always hated the fact of having to believe others in just make believe stories. But at this time, it should be different because they were talking about the safety of souls surrounding them, mostly Sungjae's and hers. She hesitantly nodded, before Seulgi muttered. "Joy, you can't go around being honest with people since they would take advantage of you.", "I know but, is it really that big enough to avoid me from discovering my powers?", "It is. They might... possess you to back fire into the clan of us.", "They won't."