• Fourteen || Contrastive •

"What's happening?"

Sungjae sighs in annoyance, before shaking his head. "Changsub and Ilhoon was out to chase you.", "But I heard you yelling below the room." She murmured, as Sungjae replied. "I need to know everything before telling you all of it.", "Does it involve us?", "You."

She bit her lower lip, before muttering. "What about me?", "Please do me a favor. Can you?" He lifted his gaze to meet her eyes, before she hesitantly nodded, mumbling. "Of course, what's the matter?", "Can I ask you not to trust your father?"

Her eyes widen, before she stuttered. "Ha?"

Sungjae frowns in instant, pero licking his upper lip as he muttered. "He's a smartass." Joy reluctantly opens her mouth, as she speaks. "He's my father... so...", "Would you believe me if I told you he's not?", "I think you're being overboard now, Sungjae.", "I'm sorry." He murmured, before inwardly cursing his self for being to reckless about talking too much when he haven't even got a single evidence to prove her.

She slowly made her way to sink into beside him at the edge of the bed. "I don't know why you keep on telling me weird things, but I think it's for the sake of my well being." She murmured, "Of course.", "But, I don't know why you keep on giving me mixed signals. I also don't know if I wanted to hear that you like me as well since I know that both answers would give a pain in my chest."

Silence was suddenly erupting out of nowhere as soon as she speaks about her feelings.

"Earlier when you kissed me, I felt like I was the most happiest person on the planet. But, why did you? When you left me bewildered, I was jumping out of my joy, yet being silenced alone... I realized that it might be a sign that you're falling for me... and I hate it. So, why did you kissed me if you're not falling for me?" A lump on his throat was suddenly formed, looking into the lady besides him, as he slowly bit his lower lip to avoid his feelings to show through. "I keep on throwing questions that I'm afraid of being answered." She weakly laughed, "I finally made up my mind." She mumbled, as Sungjae stared at her. "If I stay away from you, you won't be able to die right?", A sluggish nod came from him, not liking where the conversation was falling into.

"Is it possible for you to switch humans to take care of?", "Don't even think about it, Joy." Sungjae replied, with a little hint of fear in his eyes as Joy lightly giggled to nod. "Are you tired? You need to get a lot of sleep.", "I didn't want to sleep at all." He mumbled, blinking a couple of times as Joy laughed. She slowly leans closer to his face, pressing her lips to him, catching him off guard before pulling away. "You can sleep now, I'm totally fine."

Lightly gazing into her half lidded eyes, he muttered. "Am I too tactless or either tacky to confuse you that much?" She smiled, shaking her head as she mumbled. "I bet you're tired from saving me everyday, you really need to get a rest." She gently pushed his chest to make him lie down on the bed, before she smiled. "I'm not going anywhere, I promise.", "And if you do?"

She laughs, muttering. "Consider it as a good bye for us."

And at the moment she mumbled those things, Sungjae suddenly found the reason why he can't sleep. He would shift positions in the bed, before staring at her sleeping figure beside him. He knew she already wanted to escape their miserable tale of love that was slowly growing. But, at the moment he felt her presence, at the moment he felt her love that he had never found on someone else- he wanted to fight for her even at the point of his existence disappearing.

Tucking a strand of her into the back of her ears, he heaved a deep sigh, fighting his will to close his eyes. Smiling, she lightly snuggles close to him, placing her head in the crook of his neck before muttering. "You're starting to love me, right?" He smiled, before mumbling. "I didn't want to say yes because you might disappear right before my eyes."