• Eight || Contrastive •

The cold stain lips of Sungjae was thoroughly pressed in her warm ones, startling her- all at once.

She froze at the spot at the moment she gets to realize what was happening. Her eyes were fixated over his expression, as he shuts his eyes.

She was about to push him away gently, before she felt his weight getting heavy, as their bodies collided down into the bed, before his lips were detached away from hers, his head falling down completely on the crook of her neck as she yelped, "Yah, Sungjae..." trailing off, she heard an abrupt sound of snores erupting from him.

In an awkward and compromising position, she slowly turns her head to have a glance at his face which made her conclude that he fell asleep. Shrugging instead of blushing, she gently,pushes his weight away from her body, as he grunted before shifting his position to sleep comfortably. "He's not even drunk." She hastily murmured, before standing up, fixing herself, settling into the edge of the bed, standing frozen.

At the moment she pulled away from his figure, she stares blankly off the distance, her fingers crawling up to her lips, caressing it slowly before mumbling. "Did he really just...?" She murmured to herself, gulping to feel the redness of her face. "Andwae."

"Andwae, andwae, andwae. This is a dream." She whines, stomping her feet off, walking outside her room to refresh herself, leaving Sungjae snoring heavily inside her bed room.

Seconds after she left, his snores were cut off by a voice. "Please tell me that she didn't bought your act." It was Irene, startling Sungjae as he opens his eyes widen open to reply, "Are you making yourself apparent? She might hear you." He snarled softly, as Irene laughs. "Is that a way to avoid embarassment?" She grins, crossing her arms. "How was it to kiss a human?", "I didn't mean to...", "That's what you call hormones-", "It's not a fucking perverted move, Irene."

"I know. You're starting to like her, right?" No response came from him.

"And you know the consequences for falling for a human, right?" Sungjae clicked his tongue, before slowly sitting up with his expression changing. "I don't like her.", "Great job hiding it, moron. It's already obvious, are you crazy!?" Irene exclaims, almost slapping him in instant, before she pulls herself together, crumpling her hands into a fist. "From the way you've been together after months, it seems like she's doing a great job in pulling you to a good path way." He scowled, scratching the back of his head before Irene added, "It's not that I wanted to avoid your feelings but we both know where this would end up into."

He slowly lifted his eyes to Irene who was staring off the distance, "You know what I'm talking about, right?", "It won't happen that way, everything would fall back to places, you're worrying over nothing." He bit his lower lip as he gulps, crawling back into the bed as he sighs. "I'm not ready to see both of you in pain when that time comes.", "Stop blabbering nonsense, Irene. I told you it won't happen, at all.", "I know you, Sungjae."

He heavily rolled his eyes, sitting up once again before yelling. "Then fucking take me away from her if that's the case. You pushed me to her at first, then this moment you're telling me it would be sorrowful when one of us ends up dead first." Irene replied at the fluid motion, yelling back. "Just because I told you to guide her doesn't mean that you can fall for her."

There's no response right after Irene yelled, but only silence.

"You chose her, not me. I just wanted to protect both of you, since you held the diamond of the angels.", "Mwo? Diamond?", "I told you that she was different, I did not want both of you to stain each other to sin."

Sungjae sarcastically laughs, "Then take a useless piece of immortal like me away from her, that'll work fine.", "You're not useless, and I cannot.", "And why not?"