• Five || Contrastive •

Sungjae sighs in exhaustion, stumbling upon the dewy forest outside the urban place.

He scratches the back of his head in frustration on why Irene suddenly calls for his attention at the most important part of his life; sleeping. He constantly bumps into the thin but sharp edges of the branches, causing a little cut to develop in his arms, even though it heals fast.

"Found you-" He was cut off by a groan escaping his lips, as he deliberately catches the piece of  tiny woods thrown to him, as he scowled in response, retrieving the woods back as he threw it again into the dirty ground, yelling. "Stop playing games, Irene. When would you come out- Ouch!" He yelped, as a piece of rock was slithered in his direction, as he gritted his teeth before Irene revealed her serious; and terrifying expression.

"What was this all about?" Sungjae halted forward, marching in her direction before Irene intently stares deep inside his soul.

"I bet that Changsub was already hinting a war between the angels and demons."

A loud scowl came from his mouth, crossing his arms before murmuring. "Was there something new with the battle between both of you? None." Irene shots him a short glare, before adding. "Was it interesting to watch us battle? Not now, you're now part of the clan."

His eyes widen as his limbs droop down in shock, as he exclaimed. "Don't tell me that you had figured out what my clan would be, would that be demons?" He yelled, the constant arguement scaring off the birds- as they flew away from the scene.

Irene motioned him to shut up, as she muttered. "Do you know the reason for this war?", "What?", "Joy."

His lack of presence suddenly went runninng back, as his pupils dilated while he questions. "What's with her?", "Like I've said before, she's not a typical kind soul. We've just come to realize that she was influenced by your immortality abilities, which they haven't figured out back then.", "What... do you mean? Does that mean she lives forever, and that she's a good immortal?", "No. The only gene that her existence had taken opportunity of was the powerful abilities or immortals. Her mother was assumed as only a citizen in the planet Earth, and her father was the immortal one- which turns out to be good souls right after his father vanished."

His eyes knot in confusion, before he asked. "But she had told me something about her living father, isn't it-", "He's not her real father. He's one of the demons swarming around to get a good hook off of her soul to drag her down to make their clan even more powerful than the heavens, which is quite noticeable from the way he acts along with her.

He needs to be eliminated." Irene remarked, as he felt his throat drying at the moment.

"How strong was Joy enough to break a huge war between the heaven and hell?", "She's not just strong, she's stronger than me when she realizes her abilities." Irene emphasized, as she stares over to Sungjae who was busy contemplating all her words. "I actually need you to train yourself, she needs a lot of protection during this silent war.", "I really don't get it. Does she knew this?" Irene rolled her eyes in annoyance, "Would I call you as yourself when she knew it?", "Okay, I'm sorry."

"It's better if she doesn't discover it by herself. She can't knew this with our words because she might take advantage of her own abilities.", "Then, why are you telling me this?", "You need to figure out how she'd know her own advantage to avoid it from coming out.", 

Scratching the back of his head, he sighed. "You mean to tell me that even when she can be a big help to you and the guardians, you would hinder her from using it?", "I'm afraid that she might be placed in the wrong path when she realizes that she can overpower us.", "But, I thought she was a good soul?", "That doesn't mean that she can't change ways."