• Two || Contrastive •

He lightly tiptoes to the library, silently pushing his fingers to the book, playfully dropping them before catching it the last minute as he swiftly snickered, taking single glances from both sides before freezing off some books in the shelf.

Snickering, he turns around before walking away from the frozen shelf of books.

"Sungjae-ah."

He slightly frowns from the mysterious voice, turning around as his gaze falls into the lady calling him. "It's just you."

"What do you mean it's me? You should be thankful since we only meet twice a month.", "Yeah, right Irene." He shrugs, before Irene chuckled as she walks closer to Sungjae. "C'mon Sungjae, you know you were my favorite kid.", "Then ask the deity above to make me human instead of an immortal." He murmured, sitting down casually into the table before Irene grins before sitting down beside him, "You can be a human on your own.", "Then, how?"

She shrugs, before lightly tapping into the wooden table, murmuring. "Do you really want to be a human, that bad? I'm just kidding.","Hm, I don't know. I didn't want to live forever at this boring state of life, but I didn't want to die when I'm thoroughly enjoying. Isn't that hilarious?" He snickered, as Irene stares into him, scoffing. "That's life. One moment you wanted to live forever, then you wanted to die. In fact, who would you live for anyways? You didn't even have friends." Sungjae shrugs, "What's the point of having one when they don't know your identity?", "Doesn't Joy knew already?"

His brows knit together, "I totally forgot about her." Irene chuckled, "Your heart is really cold, Sungjae.", "Thanks, I'll take that as a compliment." Frowning in response, Irene sharply replied. "Stop sulking about your immortality and enjoy the gift!", "No thank you."

Irene rolled her eyes, sitting into the table to catch his attention. "Kid, you had the power and you can't be eliminated in this existing world. How can you consider that as a curse? Out of all the immortals I had guarded, you were the one ungrateful for it." She scoffed, poking his forehead as he gritted his teeth, throwing a ball of fire at her as she laughed, casually catching the ball before crumbling it down to ashes.

"Don't you forget that I'm higher than you, Sungjae." She stood up, striking him an electric shock, which made his figure pushed back into the wall, knocking down the pieces of books down in the shelves, as he grunts in mixture of pain and numbness.

"Shit." He lightly cursed, unable to move his fingers in a proper manner.

Irene chuckled, walking close to him as she bent down to sit as she murmured. "When will you learn your lesson, Sungjae? If you can't handle immortality, hand your soul back to me. That's the only way to erase that curse as you said."

Grunting in response, he exhales loudly before muttering. "This is why I hate living."

Irene rolled her eyes, "Why were you so stubborn?", "Are you really my guardian or devil?" He huskily mumbled, unable to feel his limbs, staring into the ceiling as Irene shrugs. "I can be both of them, you little brat."

Standing up, her figure started to fade away. Sungjae groans, "Don't leave me here like this you...", "Woah."

He once again heard the voice he's always irritated with. "What happened?" Joy hurriedly ran to him, knelting down as she tried to stare in him, figuring out what happened.

And at the moment he locked their gazes together, a sudden spark suddenly jolted down in his body- completely giving him a tingly feeling. "Why were you knocked down here all alone, Sungjae?" She asks, tapping his cheeks as he averted his eyes in embarassment. "Leave me alone."