• Ten || Contrastive •

"Yeri!"

A faint squeal was heard from the hallway, assuming it was from Joy.

As soon as Joy catches a glimpse of Yeri, her eyes widen to run and hug her. "Ah, my arms!" Yeri retorted, lightly yanking her arms away from the hug. Joy with worry in her eyes, mumbled. "Are you fine now? Can you finally study now-", "It's just a minor injury, Joy." Yeri murmured with annoyance in her eyes. "But still, your marks seem deep from what happened these past weeks after it." Yeri shook her head, trying to shake the consistent elder friend, before asking. "Oh right. What happened last night?"

A shiver ran Joy's spine as soon as she remembered what happened last night.

"Ah, about that...", "Who helped you get out of that damn place?"

Joy, with worry in her eyes murmured. "I just saved myself and ran outside the forest...", "Then who sent the signal on Irene?" Her eyes widen in surprise, before she avoided her eyes. "Molla." Yeri intently stares at her for a while, before nodding. "I'm glad that you're safe. That guys were no good, we need to defeat their master as fast as possible.", "Master?"

Yeri nodded, before asking. "Haven't you seen that jerk?", "No. I thought it was Changsub?"

A small laugh escaped Yeri's mouth, before muttering. "Changsub was just a jerk who butts in that clan, they had a higher power that gives them instruction. That master was the one who told them to capture you." With her teeth sinking in her lower lip, she replied. "I need to know who their master is."

Yeri scowls all of a sudden, before slapping her arm. "You need to stay still! Sungjae would rage in anger again once he heard you. Also, Irene was very worried about you." Joy shook her head, "I don't know who Irene was, but I'll still try my best.", "Aish, stubborn lady." Yeri hissed.

Their conversation was cut off when they saw Hyunsik walking with heavy steps in the hallway, making Joy knit her brows in confusion because of Seulgi's absence beside him. "Oppa!"

He flinches in the moment, lifting his head before Yeri shrugs as she left Joy outside the hallway. "Where is Seulgi-eonnie?" With an awkwardness near his eyes, he decided to shrug before mumbling. "We haven't talked last night, so we're not in sync of going to school. Excuse me, Joy."He lightly pushes her arms away from the scene, walking straight into the room.

"Was there...something wrong?" Joy mumbled before turning around to heave a sigh.

Shaking her head, she was about to walk away before bumping into someone.

"Oh, mianhe. I didn't saw you over there." She murmured before her eyes lifts to see Eunkwang. "Oh, Eunkwang-oppa!"

Isn't it a little insulting to use lifted in terms of meeting Eunkwang's eyes when the truth was they were almost at the same level of height? She didn't knew as well. A light and cute stiffle of laugh came from her lips as soon as she saw the small guy next to her, bowing an apology before muttering. "How were you last night?"

A small frown was drawn in her brows all of a sudden, kind of worried about having the day as something that would constantly remind her about the shocking events from last night. It felt weird for her being asked about it. She doesn't even know that she can be powerful than Minhyuk. Right after what happened last night, she had the feeling that things would change either for the best or worst, yet she had no clue. All she can do right now was smile and mutter that she was fine even if she had a lot of thoughts running around her head.

"Sungjae was there. I didn't know what might happen if he wasn't." A small and playful sulky face was appearing on Eunkwang's face, before he mumbled. "We were also there, we had beaten Changsub out." He jokingly pumps his fists into the air as Joy emitted a loud laugh from the silliness of the elder friend in front of her.