• Fifteen || Contrastive •

Motion of breathings, constant droplets of water falling down. The night was falling already, and the silence was a little irritating.

He shots his eyes wide open, before confusedly lifting his eyes to meet someone's worried ones. "Joy...", "I'm glad you're alive." She bit her lower lip, smiling as she caresses his wet hair, mumbling. "How did you...", "You'd be mad if I told you everything." She sighed, as he slowly sat up, grunting in pain as he looks around. "We're in the forest.", "I wanted silence.." She mumbled, the unusual attitude glowing inside her.

Slightly glancing over her, a loud yell erupted from his mouth. "What the hell is wrong with you!?" Startled, she averted her eyes away from him. "I knew that you would react this way." He stood up slowly, before muttering. "Of course, it would be this way.", "I'm sorry I exhausted you a lot that you ended up like this." She murmured, before Sungjae replied. "You told me that you like me.", "I do." She replied in a fluid motion, finally finding the courage to stare at his intently narrowed eyes. "You told me you like me but you keep on running away from me."

"It's because I didn't want you to disappear.", "We all know it's for the best for both of us, Joy." He retorted, as Joy mumbled. "That's why I came back.", "Don't give me that bullshit, Joy. You told me that you liked me, but you ended up running away from me miles and miles just because of this. Don't you know that there were other bigger problems than this!?", "What is bigger than this?" Joy yelled in reply, as Sungjae sighs in disappointment, replying. "They might take you away from me, and I don't know how I can manage to live with that."

Taken aback, her throat dried all of a sudden as the only sound heard at this moment was the little droplets of rain, falling down all over their bodies. "I've already told you that we would come at this point, Joy. If you haven't agreed to be with me at the first place, then you wouldn't be involved in a such situation-" He was cut off by his own words, as he groaned in pain, helding his head while he knelt down in surprise, within Joy being flustered as she grabbed both of his arm, supporting him not to fall down in the ground.

With a worried look, Joy murmured, "I didn't regret anything about you.", "Joy-", "Remember when I asked you to choose about Temporary happiness or pain?" With a weak gaze, Sungjae looks at her, as she mumbled. "I would choose pain, since we all know it would end like that."

Faltering down, Sungjae mumbled. "It's such a pity because... I've already chose temporary happiness.", "That's my point." She mumbled, sitting down completely at the ground as he leaned his head to support his balance at the tree.

"What do you mean?", "I'd choose temporary hapiness for pain. I'd choose pain because of believing in temporary happiness. In the end, I'll just regret not choosing the gift given to me.", "But I like you- no that's wrong. I'm already falling for you, and I couldn't care less if you didn't reciprocate all of my feelings, as long as I can protect you." Sungjae murmured, as Joy lowered her head down in surprise, before she lifted her face, her tear stained eyes were curiously smiling. "I love you, and I would reciprocate all of it."

His eyes widen, as Joy smiled, the tears leaking all over her eyes. Luckily, the rain was heavily falling down. "Don't cry over me, since I can't lose you like that." She smiles, before she found out that he was still baffled at their exchange of love.

"What did you...?" Sungjae dumbfoundedly asked, as Joy shook her head laughing, before hovering over Sungjae, pressing her lips with him, to slowly pull away back.

"Don't tell me that it's your sickness, your redness is all over you face." She giggled, before he mumbled. "Joy, I...", "Our love might be temporary, but I'm willing to risk the forever pain that would soon follow." She whispered. Sungjae seems to gain his composure, before a smile was suddenly painted in his lips, before pulling her close for another kiss, letting the rain sink down in their body, while the silence in the forest soothes their hearts that just exploded.