Chapter Five ~ The Puffer Whale part 1

~Third~

They flew to the cave using the same system as before with Toriko and Ao flying on Shiro and Coco and Komatsu flying on Kiss, with this they soon arrived at the cave where the Puffer Whale would surface for breeding, that annoying reporter Tina showed up and ran over seeing Toriko, if I didn't know any better I'd say she has a crush on him, Ao thought.

Tina then saw Coco and said something about Toriko, Coco and Ao teaming up being a scoop with sprinkles, her sense of language makes none, Ao thought "Put that thing down please?" Coco asked with a harsh edge to his otherwise polite tone.

Ao smirked 'Way to tell that annoying reporter off Coco' she thought "I hate being rube but I hate being on camera much more" Coco explained bringing down Ao's spirits a bit but whatever, "So uhm did you come out here all by yourself?" Komatsu asked defusing the awkward "Despite this being a literally once in a decade thing, my camera and sound guy couldn't take the heat of the kitchen" Tina said looking around.

"Only the best of the best is here" Komatsu said, Ao scoffed "Only of the dirty fighter verity, that is to say most of the guys here are poachers waiting for a chance to steal from hard working Gourmet hunters"she said, Komatsu grew scared "There's still a chance we'll leave here alive, right?" he asked "For sure you have nothing to be scared of Komatsu" Toriko grinned.

They made their way to the mouth of the cave, "Holy garlic candy I can't do this!" Komatsu yelled, "Well with that out of your system let's get going" Toriko said stretching a bit, Ao giggled a bit at him "Always ready to go huh Toriko?" she asked, he grinned and nodded making her laugh a bit.

"The legendary Puffer Whale soon to be ours" Tina said but it was barely heard by our foursome, "What?" Komatsu asked turning to her "I want to see one in it's natural habitat and if that's something I want to experience so will my loyal viewers at home, I'll be the first reporter to show the Gourmet Age how to catch a Puffer whale, so that's that consider me a part of the team" she said.

"Well she's got guts I'll give her that but I bed she won't last for five minutes" Ao mumbled "Not a good idea I'm afraid" Coco said "You want to tag along go right on ahead, in life you make your own luck, right? And we'll make Puffer Whale Stew" Toriko said "That's horrible advice Toriko" Ao sweat dropped.

They walked into the cave with Coco leading the way, Ao followed behind him and Toriko behind her with Komatsu and Tina bringing up the rear "Thanks for the head lamp Tina now we can get eaten by monsters we'll at least get a good look at them first" Komatsu said, "Well normally we use them for filming but since my crew chickened out it's all yours" Tina said.

"That's all well and good but even still do not leave my side Komatsu" Coco said and Komatsu immediately left his side spotting some Snap Mushrooms capture level lower then 1, Toriko ran over as well and began eating some, Ao went over too and collected some of the Snap Mushrooms to use later.

"Hey Coco come on before Toriko eats them all" Komatsu called to him "I told you to not leave my side" Coco mumbled "Oh lighten up Coco you're too uptight sometimes you know" Ao said, and let's skip this stupid pointless scene, "Well that was odd" Toriko mumbled eating a Snap Mushroom "I see no shadow of death on her so she'll be fine" Coco said.

Coco, Ao, Toriko and Komatsu in that order continued deeper into the cave "Is it just me or are these caves getting a little tighter?" Komatsu asked "They are but this is the only way" Toriko said before taking a sniff of the air "The air is getting saltier the deeper we go" he said "Your nose is a thing of beauty Toriko" Komatsu said.

"Coco wait up what's the hurry?" Ao asked catching up to him only to slip and fall with a yelp before Coco caught her "You're right I'm sorry" he said and helped her up, Toriko glared a bit there was no way he was going to lose this pray to him.