Chapter Twenty Three ~ Tea time with Sunny

~Ao~

Today Zebra had gone out on his own to look for more new species and to hunt for something to put on his full course menu, leaving me at home i wasn't too torn up about it everybody needs their space and Zebra can totally handle himself, anyway i was checking on my food storage and garden when i heard the sounds of fighting.

I went outside to see what the fuss was about and saw Shiro fighting a Mother Snake, judging from it's size though it was just a juvenile "Ao call off your beast, it's hurting my Quinn"i heard and looked over to see Sunny i called off Shiro and turned to the man "This is a surprise, what brings you here Sunny? And what's with the snake?"i asked.

"I was just thinking if your free you'd like some tea? At my place? Uh i can ask that right? Zebra isn't here right?"Sunny asked nervously looking around since his feelers couldn't feel him anywhere "He's out hunting, it'll probably take a few days for him to return but i suppose there's no harm in old friends catching up over tea"i said shrugging.

"Anyway what's with the snake?"i asked again pointing over to it "Isn't she beautiful? The way her scales shine in the sun unlike that dull shine Shiro has, her name is Quinn"Sunny proclaimed proudly "Hey don't pick on Shiro, he hasn't shed in a while, anyway how on earth did you find a Mother Snake?"i asked "Quinn found me in the Gourmet World, the rest is history"Sunny said.

"Is that how you got back? With Quinn?"i asked "You ask too much, come we shall race to my humble abode!"Sunny declared laughing, i sweatdropped a bit i'm glad i didn't pick this loony though he's not that bad at least he'd keep things interesting if only he stopped obsessing about beauty, "Alright your on"i smirked a bit getting on Shiro and flying off before Sunny got a chance to call start "Cheater!!!"i heard him yell in the distance.

I laughed and continued heading to his place, actually i knew where each of the kings lived it's just hard to tell if they would be home though, of course Zebra lives with me, Toriko has his house, Coco lives in that hut of his and Sunny has an interesting home to say the least, it's not made of sweets like Toriko's place so at least it's somewhat normal for a tree house that is.

Anyway i could soon see the house in the horizon and had Shiro speed up just barely beating Sunny, for a kid that Quinn is fast, Shiro took a perch on top the tree sunbathing as i sat at the table and Sunny put out tea "So any reason why you called me for tea?"i asked as he sat across from me "I've been hearing rumors"he said.

I raised a brow "Oh? And what do they say?"i asked and sipped tea "They say that a certain presidents daughter is involved with Zebra, romantically"Sunny said and sipped his own tea "So is it true?"he asked, i chuckled a bit "No wonder you called me over you've always been one for gossip"i said "Well tell me"Sunny said anxious to know "You could say that we are, i mean we live together, i cook for him and we always eat together, we even sleep together in both meanings of the phrase"i said.

"You could say that?"Sunny asked stressing the word could, i nodded "We haven't really established any labels other then a hunter and his chef partner, not everything has to be labeled you know"I shrugged, Sunny just hummed a bit "Well anyway how is the hunt going? Added anything to your full course menu?"he asked swiftly changing the subject.

"I decided to have curry as a main dish, i almost have the whole recipe but it's missing that kick, you know? Then there's the Mermaid Tuna, other then that it's pretty much unchanged"I said, Sunny just nodded and sipped his tea, i sipped mine looking him over "Hmm, didn't notice it before but you've buffed up quite a bit Sunny"i said.

"You think so?"Sunny asked, i nodded "It's all that training i bet, oh is that another reason you called me? Need a little help?"i asked smirking "Certainly not, i've already asked Toriko to help" he said crossing his arms and turning away, i giggled a bit "So you really just wanted to exchange some gossip and talk over tea?"i asked "Yes is that so wrong?"he asked.

"No, it's nice taking a brake, besides Zebra isn't exactly a chatter box and it's nice to talk to someone else when given the chance"i said "Well you're welcome to join me for tea any time, maybe have a spa day together if the mood strikes"Sunny said shrugging a bit "I'd like that"I smiled and so Sunny and i just talked for hours and hours.

Once the sun began to set i called it a day and waved back to Sunny as i flew back home, that really was a nice brake, maybe tomorrow i'll go see Coco.