Chapter Twenty ~ Mellow Cola part 1

~Ao~

"Ao we're taking a shortcut"Zebra said smirking "Kay"i simply said and covered my ears as he used Sound Bazooka to blast our way to the lower levels where we arrived just in time to save Komatsu from a Salamander Sphinx the boss around here, i noticed Komatsu was holding something though.

"Komatsu, what is that you've got there?"i asked walking over while Zebra and Toriko were fighting the beast "I think it's a recipe book"Komatsu said showing it to me, i read through it  i've been through the desert and this place too but i never even heard of a book being kept down here, let alone it being in such good condition.

Anyway after reading a few pages i stopped on one page in particular "Komatsu have a look at this page"i said putting the book down and pointing it out "That's the beast Toriko and Zebra-san are fighting"he said "This says that guy has Mellow Cola inside it but killing it will make the flavor down right disgusting, the only way to get it out and still have it taste any good is to make the beast cry"i said.

"Eh?! But why would a powerful beast like that cry in the first place?! And wait you can read that stuff?!"Komatsu asked in shock, i nodded "It's really a part of becoming a good chef, a few ancient cook books like this one haven't been translated so i took it upon myself to study the writing and collecting each one that hadn't been translated and do it myself, though it's more of a side business though i'm still a chef and a gourmet hunter primarily"i said.

"Amazing i still have so much to learn as a chef"Komatsu said "You do but it's clear the ingredients favor you since you're the one who found this book, which i couldn't find"i said "Thank you miss Ao!"Komatsu said bowing, i smiled a bit "Anyway we should let those two know"just then Toriko and Zebra slid over to us.

"He's strong, this guy's really the master of this place"Toriko said "It's too cocky, bastard our attacks are barely having any effect, we're never gonna get any blood out like this"Zebra said, i'm guessing he was so focused on the fight he didn't hear me but anyway "It's the tears" Komatsu said, the two turned to us confused "How'd you know that kid?"Zebra asked.

"It's written in the book, it even says how to do it, that book is an ancient recipe book it has a lot of how to's for preparing the special preparation ingredients living in this place"i said "You're saying you can read those crazy symbols?"Zebra asked "What do you mean? I told you it was a hobby of mine to translate books just like this one, did you forget or were you just not paying attention?"i asked glaring as i crossed my arms.

"I uhm forgot"Zebra said looking nervous "You're not lying are you?"i asked "I never lie! I forgot okay?!"he yelled i sharpened my glare looking at him, then i sighed "Fine if you say you forgot, you forgot but for that you're only getting half of the reward"i said "What?! You can't just-"i cut off Zebra "I can and i did"i said.

Toriko chuckled a bit braking the tension "Well anyway how are we supposed to make that thing cry?"he asked "I'll tell you just go fight that thing!"i said pointing over to the beast before they did though Toriko turned to me "You're jealous of Komatsu aren't you?"he asked, i flushed a bit and turned away "So what if i am?! It's not like i feel inferior or anything, i know i'm a better cook then him!"i yelled before i sighed curling into a ball.

"So why do the ingredients favor him? I mean i'm obviously the better chef, i put my best into every dish, i respect the ingredients i use and treat my cutlery with care, so why? Is it my gourmet cells? or that i'm a hunter too? Is it really so bad to be a good hunter and a great chef?"i muttered asking these more myself then anyone here.

"Ao-san"i heard Komatsu mutter, then i felt the familiar embrace of Zebra "Hey no need to get so down in the dumps about it, so what if the ingredients favor him? I still favor you, you're the one who can actually read the book and it was thanks to your cooking skills that all those special preparation ingredients turned out so good"he said.

"Ao-san"I looked up to Komatsu still curled in my ball "It's like you said Ao-san, you're a much better cook then me so it's fine with me if you're head chef"he said holding out the book, i looked at Zebra and he nodded, i smiled a bit and nodded too getting up and taking the book "Thank you Komatsu, now then let's get cooking"i said turning to the beast, Toriko and Zebra smirked running over to it.

~Third~

"Oi Toriko, you're gonna pay later for making Ao sad!"Zebra yelled as they ran "Eh?! But i didn't mean to! I was just making an observation"Toriko said trying to get out of it "Man you even don't know when to shut up, you really are stupid"Zebra said.

"Focus boys, now the first step is hammer every inch of its body equally! Tenderize it, use a moderate amount of strength!"Ao called and watched as Zebra used a Sound Bazooka to do it, Komatsu smiled watching Ao she really was the better chef keeping her cool when faced with the kitchen's fire "Next hit it in the pit of its stomach with a little bit of strength"Ao called and Toriko rushed in.

"Here Ao?!"he asked "Just a little to the right!"she called and watched him do it "It's eyes should be watering we're almost there"Ao said turning to the guys as they got pushed back but she wasn't even flinching 'Such increable focus, Ao-san is completely focused on the cooking, she trust Toriko and Zebra-san and is expertly commanding them like they were her employees at a restaurant' Komatsu watched in awe "Next scrape off some scales from its back!"Ao called as Toriko and Zebra went back in.

Toriko got the scales off with a leg knife "Next stimulate the bottom of its feet, tickle them or something!Clockwise starting from the front leg!"Ao called "Leave it to me!"Zebra said doing just that "Next pluck a feather from each wing at the same time!" Ao called, Komatsu couldn't stop watching Ao in awe, he was starting to understand what made the Mellow Cola possible but it was thanks to Ao's amazing leadership skills that was making this possible.

"Just a little more hang, next massage the flesh on its shoulders a little from the inside!"Ao called "Ah i forgot to mention earlier it's fine to cut off the mane!"she called, "Honestly"Zebra muttered before cutting the mane, Ao then went to tell the rest of the steps and watching the Toriko and Zebra to make sure they were doing it right while Komatsu watched Ao in awe.

"Alright this is the last step hit the tip of its tail as hard as you can!"Ao called, just then the beast started crying spewing out delicious cola, but this wasn't the time to celebrate as a strange bird looking beast had appeared behind Komatsu.

"No way, a Nitro?"Ao muttered as the thing punched Komatsu sending him flying, she glared at the beast "I don't care how or why you're here but you're going down for hurting my friend"she said putting the book down on Komatsu, then drawing her sword made the creature back off.