Chapter Sixteen ~ The hunt begins

~Toriko~

"WHAT?!?!?!" i yelled, after cruising on the luxury carriage for a whole day after coming all this way with all this food the warden of Honey Prison told me that Ao had come running in and taken Zebra a few days ago, i groaned slumping down "And i was thinking it would be hilarious to see Komatsu piss his pants in fright"i muttered "Say what? You were just trying to scare me?!"Komatsu yelled.

I sighed standing up "Well nothing we can do about it now, guess i'll just have to go see Ao, man it's gonna be a pain walking all that way"i said more to myself ignoring Komatsu freaking out "Toriko, are we really gonna walk all the way back?"he whined "Yep"i simply said and walked outside of the prison.

Once outside i looked around "Now from here Ao's place is that a way"i said again more to myself and began walking but then i heard a caw, looking up i saw Kiss "Huh? What's Kiss doing here? Coco stayed on the cruiser"Komatsu muttered, the giant crow landed and i saw letter on it's leg, taking it and opening it up i read it.

'Toriko i predicted this, Kiss here can give you a lift to Ao's place, Coco' it read "That damn bastard why didn't he say anything on the boat?!"i growled tearing the paper into pieces i sighed a bit "Whatever too late now, come on Komatsu"i said getting on Kiss "Right"the little man nodded and got on behind me, with that Kiss took off and headed to Ao's place.

~Ao~

Zebra and i were just spending a relaxing afternoon sitting on the porch and enjoying tea, we've lived together for about a week or so, together we've crossed off nearly everything on the list but right now we were taking a brake waiting for Toriko to show up, i'm no fortune teller unlike Coco but i just had a feeling he'd come by to ask for Zebra's help.

"Say Ao"Zebra suddenly said i hummed in response "Did you tell the old man i'm your pick?"he asked "I did but papa is even more stubborn then you four put together, he won't budge until i have two rings on this finger"i said showing my currently empty ring finger, Zebra hummed a bit in though "I see"he simply said.

Anyway a comfy silence fell over us but before long Zebra looked up like he heard something and smirked "It's been a while Toriko!"he yelled sending out a greeting, i pouted a bit and rubbed my ear "And we were having such a peaceful day too, that damned Toriko"i muttered Zebra chuckled and ruffled my hair "Don't you worry, once he get's close enough he'll pay"he said.

I giggled a bit "Okay but don't be too hard on him, i wanna hit in too"i said taking his hand off my head, he smirked chuckling a bit "You really are perfect"he said squeezing my hand and kissing my cheek, i blushed "You're too much"i said waving him off, he just chuckled again.

Oh almost forgot to mention, before Toriko arrives there were some condition papa gave to Zebra in order to release him, arrest 500 wanted criminals and discover 100 new species, we've already taken care of the wanted criminals while were out getting all those ingredients but only have found 52 new species.

Anyway after a while Toriko and Komatsu arrived, i went to greet them first "Ao where's Zebra?!"Toriko asked yelling he seemed pretty mad, ignoring that i walked over and punched him sending him flying towards the house in front of which Zebra caught him "I'm right here Toriko no need to yell"he smirked and punched him to the ground.

"What the hell was that for?"Toriko asked getting up ready to pick a fight "You wanna fight huh? Bring it!" Zebra said getting ready too, i having walked over pulled on their ears bringing them both down and making them stop "That's enough you two, now then Toriko what brought you here?" i asked letting go of the two boys.

"Well i went all the way to Honey Prison only to find out you had Zebra, i'm gonna need his help for this next hunt"Toriko said getting up forgetting all about earlier, Zebra huffed "As if i'd help you, you can go hunt yourself"he said turning away "Don't be like that, i'm going after Mellow Cola, it's supposed to be the most delicious cola out there, you still like cola right?"Toriko asked.

Zebra had started drooling "I'm not some kid"he said despite that, i giggled a bit "Come on it'll be fun, besides it's on our list too so it's worth a try right?"i asked, Zebra grumbled a bit "Alright fine, so can we go already?"he asked, "Awesome, we can go right away!"Toriko grinned "Just a sec Toriko"i said and ran inside the house and got some Never Melt Ice from the freezer and put it in a container before running back out.

"You done yet? Let's go already"Zebra said impatiently i giggled a bit "I'm all done, we can take Shiro, you fly on back to Coco Kiss"i said turning to the giant crow who cawed before flying off, i called Shiro who flew out from his cave and landed next to us, i hopped to the front with Zebra behind me, Toriko behind him and Komatsu at the back "Let's go Shiro"i said and off we went.

~skip~

I pouted "I still don't get why you insisted we'd take the Lift House, we would be there by now if we had just flown over with Shiro"i said "Don't say that Ao, this is all a part of the adventure, besides Shiro would have trouble against these winds don't you think?"Toriko asked turning to me from his snacking.

"Nope, he'd cut through this sandstorm with ease"i said "So then would he be able to go to the Gourmet World too?"Komatsu asked "Of course, Shiro might of been born in the Human World but millions of years of adaptation and evolution are etched into his very DNA"i said "Anyway it doesn't seem anyone else is using the Lift Houses there's a lot of them broken down too"Komatsu said looking out the window.

"Ao, i'm hungry"Zebra suddenly said drooling already, i giggled a bit "Right, i'll make something real quick"i smiled going to the kitchen.

~Third~

"So i've been wondering for a while now, why did Ao take you out of prison Zebra?"Toriko asked, the red haired man smirked "Beats me"he said even though he knew why, Toriko didn't have to know "Aww come on just tell me"Toriko whined "It's none of your business"Zebra said and chugged down a bottle of sake.

"Hey that was mine!"Toriko yelled "You picking a fight Toriko?"Zebra asked "You're the one picking a fight"Toriko said, the two were again stopped by Ao "Geez you two i'm not gonna get any cooking if you two keep distracting me, just sit down and wait like good little boys"she said "But Ao"Toriko went to complain but Ao glared at him an aura of sorts flaring up around her "Sit down"she repeated "Yes miss"he said sitting down and Ao went back to the kitchen.

'I'm stuck in a house full of crazy people, at least Ao can keep those two down but i don't know if we'll make it through the month at this rate' Komatsu thought worriedly.