Chapter Twenty Nine ~ Green Rain

~Ao~

Shiro and i had arrived at the center quite some time ago, i had Shiro stand behind the stage and ignored the people as i stood on the White Dragons head just looking straight ahead, any minute now that beast will show up though to be honest i didn't think i could defeat it, i only a few things papa told me about it, anyway i hope to at least slow it down.

I sensed something coming, i could just tell it was here "Let's go Shiro"i said and he flew off, eventually we came across the beast, i didn't think it would show itself already but regardless i had Shiro ram the thing into the ground ripping into it with his claws, i hopped down and began cutting it with my sword, the beast roared in anger and pain but despite that it continuously regenerated.

It was a hard and long battle but in the end i was beaten, as the beast picked up my broken body ready to eat me i muttered "I'm sorry Zebra" preparing myself to be eaten when "Let go of her!"i heard Zebra yelled and loosen the beast grip on me, he caught me as i fell "Zebra"I said looking up "You did good i can tell you damaged that thing and you managed to slow it down, just leave the rest to us"he said, i looked at the others Toriko, Coco and Sunny "Alright then, i'm counting on you"i said

Just then the beast released the green rain though, the damage i had done was healed instantly though i knew there was one cut the thing couldn't heal, i made sure to leave something like that, Zebra let me down "Chef Yuda might be able to make an antidote but he'll need more hands, Komatsu Ao go help him"Coco said "Zebra lend us that horse of yours"he then added "Do what ya like"Zebra grumbled a bit, with that Komatsu and i got on the horse.

Before leaving i looked around and spotted that Shiro had managed to stumble his way out of the fight which was good, with that the horse ran off "Ao-san will those four really be okay?" Komatsu asked hanging on for dear life to the horse's main "Have a little faith Komatsu, it's you i'm worried about, just look at you hanging on for dear life, doubting your friends and yourself, not to mention you're extremely naive honestly everything about you just rubs me the wrong way, you're no chef, you're just a kid pretending, you're pathetic"i said and sighed.

"Whew i feel so much better getting that off my chest, seriously though i do recognized you as a fellow chef just work on that kid like personality and you could surpass even Setsuno"i said, Komatsu laughed a little nervously "Thanks Ao-san, i guess"he said, with that we arrived at the restaurant, i dried off my hair and walked up to Yuda as Komatsu ran to him "Poisonous green..."Komatsu went to say but was too exhausted to say anything.

"What this energy wasting idiot is trying to say is, the green rain has been released, though you probably have already seen it, i don't usually deal with poisons or medicines so i'm at a loss" i said walking up and patted Komatsu on the back "I can certainly make an antidote but it's impossible, we could be able to cook it in less then an hour but then there won't be enough time to deliver it to everyone, also i'm not sure we can make enough for everyone"chef Yuda said.

I hummed thinking about it "So what we need are chefs that can work fast enough to make enough antidote, there's still the problem of delivering it though, the Daruma Horse is fast but we won't be able to get to everyone even with its help, then again what's a few deaths?"i said shrugging a bit "What?! How can you say that?!"Komatsu yelled "People die all the time, even if we save only one third of the current population in a few years those numbers will rise back up, really in the long run a few deaths today wouldn't affect much tomorrow"i said and shrugged again.

"How? How can you be so cruel but also so kind?!"Komatsu asked visibly upset, i hummed and smiled pointing at my head "I'm a sociopath, i'm totally nuts"i grinned that caught him off guard as he blinked confused "Besides that you're still so pathetic getting worked up over these meaningless words, really absolutely pathetic"i said a silence fell as Komatsu was thinking about my words.

"My it's even more gloomy here then outside, Ao did you pick on poor Komatsu again?"a voice asked i looked over and saw aunty Sestu "So what if i did? I can't help it, just look at that pathetic face of his, i recognized him as a chef but he's far from being a person in my eyes, he a upturned turtle that can't get back up"i said, she giggled a bit walking forward with her apprentice Nonon "You might be right about that but his skill as a chef is undeniable"she said.

"Well anyway what do you say we get to cooking Yuda-chan?"Sestuno asked "Well well if it isn't the gourmet national treasure, Sestuno-sama we are honored to have such a reliable person in our midst, however even between the five of us it's still too much"chef Yuda said.

"I thought so i flew over here"we heard looking over i brightened up quite a bit "Chiru-chan it's been forever!"i said going over "Come here"i smiled pulling him into a hug and smothering him into my cleavage "It's very nice to see you again too Ao"he muttered, i let him go "Oh head chef Chiru of the disappearing cuisine"chef Yuda said "How do you know him Ao?"Komatsu asked.

"We trained around the same time, still shy as ever eh Chiru? It's such a shame too you were so cute as a kid, i bet you're really handsome under that wrapping"i said teasing him "Ao-san please don't tease me like that"he muttered then another chef showed up, Livebearer the underground cooking boss, rather former boss as he explained, then a few more chefs showed up, all at least in the top 20 ranks.

"How do you all know about the antidote cooking?"Komatsu asked "I told them"I heard and looking over it was a suit from IGO "Johannes"Komatsu called him "I wanted to gather more chefs but these were the only highly skilled chefs nearby"the suit said "I suppose that's all you can hope for in such an emergency"Chiru said "Still you did well in gathering this much, you deserve a promotion"i said noting it down "Thank you very much miss Ao"he said bowing in thanks.

"Ao-san how can you decide that?"Komatsu asked "Well it's not public and i'd like to keep it that way at least for now but papa handed control of IGO to me, though i let the Vice President take charge most of the responsibilities, i'm the one in charge"i said "Well regardless we've stood around long enough we'll make do with what we have"Chiru said.

"Then i'll teach you my antidote recipe"chef Yuda said and lead us to his kitchen where he taught the recipe, still there was the problem of transportation even if we're able to make enough it's not a guarantee they will reach the people that need it fast enough, though personally i could care less if a few hundred people died but this time i kept my mouth shut about it cause there is at least one person i'm determined to save no matter what, Zebra.

"Komatsu, i already told you, you're too naive there is simply no way we can save everyone, we can only accept that death is inevitable and save those we can"i said and it seemed the others agreed with me "How can you say that? Toriko, Coco, Sunny and Zebra are still fighting out there! I'm not giving up i will save everyone all we need to do is figure out a way even ordinary chefs can make the Medicinal Mochi with!"Komatsu yelled.

"Well good luck with that"i shrugged and went to one of the kitchen stations and started making the Medicinal Mochi "I doubt you'll be able to do it though, you're far too naive and far too inexperienced, that said though if you can make it in less then an hour, let's see, well i'll think of something"i said before focusing on making the mochi.