Chapter Fourteen ~Grow Apple

~Ao~

I was at home enjoying some snacks as i watched TV, the news mentioned the first ever Gourmet King Championship would be held soon, i thought about it and eventually i shrugged "Eh why not, it could be fun"i said to myself.

The next day i set out going with Shiro to Gourmet Town, landing near the stage i spotted Coco at the entrance "Coco, what are you doing way back here?"i asked "Ao i suspected you'd come and you know i hate crowds"he said "Well i'm not particularly fond of crowds either yet you don't see me mentioning it all the time" i said crossing my arms.

Coco chuckled rubbing the back of his head "True" he said, i decided to stick near him at the entrance though and watched the tournament starting ceremony "This contest has one goal and one goal only, to find the most delicious ingredient and deliver them to my beloved family member Crisp who has mysteriously lost his appetite" the little man running the show said.

"Restaurant Wono will crown the winner the number one Gourmet King and give him a grand price of one billion yen!"he announced and they revealed the cash mountain "And now the sole judge and would be eater of this fabulous contest, let's give a hand to Wono's long time pal Crisp"the curtain rose up to reveal a seven colored Nessie.

While i'm certainly no expert on dragons watching Shiro i know they'll eat just about anything, so this one loosing it's appetite is certainly something but aside from that there is something wrong with Crisp, i watched a few contestants tried but none passed, it was clear the Nessie needed some sweets.

I turned just as Coco went to join the others but ignoring him i walked over to Shiro and hopped on as he lowered his head "Let's hunt Shiro"i said, he let out a smallish roar of agreement before taking off creating a huge gust as he did.

"Alright that Nessie needs something packed with sugar, but it can't be just any old sweet, it also needs lots of other nutrient, what do you think Shiro?" i asked the White Dragon, Shiro replied me with a small growl and changed directions "You have an idea? Alright then take the lead"i said, Shiro roared and sped up with a powerful flap of his giant wings.

~Back in the arena~

"Oh great now Ao is going to have a head start, listen up i don't care what you two go after i'm going after my own hunt"Sunny said before running off "That settles it then we're going our separate ways"Coco said before flying off on Kiss "Come on Komatsu there's no way i'm letting Ao or either of those two beat me!"Toriko said running off with the little man following him frantically.

~Back to Ao~

Shiro has been flying for a while now, i couldn't tell where we were it's not like i keep a map on hand, anyway we did eventually reach wherever Shiro was heading to "I haven't been to this place before"i muttered looking around but Shiro walked on ahead.

"Hold up Shiro!"I called and caught up to the giant beast keeping pace with him as he walked through the jungle shaking the ground with his massive steps, Shiro stopped after a while looking at something, i jumped on his head and looked at what it was "So that's what you had in mind, let's get some for the Nessie"i smiled, Shiro growled in agreement and continued moving towards it.

Just then we were attacked by a beast "You must be the guard of that ingredient, you don't seem that strong those, come on Shiro we can handle this guy"i smirked the White Dragon roared in agreement and attacked the beast, we fought it together and knocked it down "Whatever you are you don't look that tasty so i won't kill you"i said and with Shiro got the ingredient.

I don't know what it is but if Shiro thinks it'll help i'll trust his judgement "Come on Shiro, let's double time it back"i said holding onto him as he lifted off the ground with one powerful flap, grabbing the ingredient in his claws we flew back to Gourmet Town.

Arriving at the town, this time Shiro landed on the stage putting the ingredient we got in front of Crisp was it? the Nessie "Looks like we have a new contender the Gourmet Queen Ao"they announced and everyone watched in eager anticipation as the Nessie inspected the ingredient Shiro and i got.

The Nessie was definitely interested that was good, i watched as the Nessie looked up to Shiro almost like a child asking their parent if the food was good, Shiro nodded and nudged the ingredient closer, i totally forgot to describe it, it was a ball of what seemed to be crystallised candy filled with a swirling mix of juices it seemed absolutely delicious, so i grabbed another one for myself.

Anyway after Shiro had nodded to the Nessie, the Nessie chowed down on the ball chewing it up and eating it quite ferociously, the Nessie was soon finished and happily roared it's owner the Wono kid or whoever, look i don't remember names well okay, anyway the owner of Nessie looked happy too.

"Thank you so much miss Ao, tell me where did you find that ingredient?" the kid asked turning to me "Honestly i have no idea where that place was and anyway it was my Shiro here who found it, i guess since he's a dragon too he knew exactly what your Nessie needed"i said petting the side of the giant dragon next to me.

"That's so cool right then the contest is over and the winner is you!"the kid announced "No Way!"i heard and looked over to see Sunny holding a plate of milk and he then started yelling and complaining how he should be the winner "Suck it up Sunny i just happened to be quicker" i smirked, he growled and huffed like an angry kid.

Anyway i got the price money and the title of Gourmet King, well the title didn't matter as i'm already called the Gourmet Queen, anyway then the Nessie started glowing like a rainbow, wings sprouted from it's back and a horn grew from it's head.

But that's not all that grew, a Grow Apple was left behind as thanks to the one who raised it "Whoa what is that?"said one who raised it asked "It's a Grow Apple, it's a gift for you enjoy it"i said collecting the price money and leaving on Shiro "Hey wait! I went through all that trouble for nothing!" i heard and looked over to see Coco and Toriko with their own tasty treats in hand "Pretty much man you guys are slow, anyway i'm off you can eat those sweets yourself!" i called to them as Shiro took off.

~Third~

Toriko growled still angry as he watched Ao fly away "Well at least Crisp is happy"Komatsu said looking at the Nessie nuzzling it's owner happily, Toriko sighed "Damn i still have a long way to go if Ao beat me in something trivial as this"he muttered "That Ao still the insufferable trouble maker"Sunny huffed flipping his hair, Coco chuckled "Indeed"he said smiling, it's clear to me now Ao and Zebra go together perfectly, this contest the president set us on is pointless, he thought before shaking his head, i will not give up that easily, he thought with a smirk.