Chapter Seven ~ The Battle Wolf

~Third~

At one of the IGO branches a meeting was held discussing the resent attacks on the bio domes, they concluded the gourmet corp was finally making their move "The IGO must act, we need Toriko, Coco, Sunny and Zebra" one said "Are you proposing we let Zebra go free?" another asked "There is no other choice is there? You'll need the best weapons to win a war, as for Zebra she will keep him in line" one said "Sir i anticipated this and planned accordingly, Toriko and her are on their way"another said.

~Ao~

I wasn't surprised to get a call from IGO, unlike those four i work quite closely to them since my dad is the president, anyway currently i was on my way riding on Shiro heading to bio dome 1, i was surprised they called me here of all places but i suppose letting Shiro into the arena while he's still small would be good training for him.

Anyway i soon arrived at the bio dome and landed in some open space with Shiro "Hey Ao, you're early"someone called and i looked over as i got off of Shiro and saw "Mansam"i greeted the bald man.

"Huh? Did you say handsome?"he asked, i rolled my eyes "No, anyway why was i called? And what do you mean i'm early?"i asked crossing my arms "Well you're early cause Toriko hasn't shown up yet and as to why you'll see" Mansam told me, i sighed a bit "Must be something big if you don't wanna tell me right off the bat" i muttered.

"You have that much right, now come on" Mansam said and started leading the way, i followed with Shiro following closely behind me "Oh hey i was wondering if Shiro could go into the arena, he could use the training"i said after a while of silently following Mansam.

He looked back and took a look at Shiro "That's a White Dragon isn't it? I suppose it's okay i doubt it'll outshine the main attraction" he said, main attraction? that must be what they called me for, i thought "Hey you!" Mansam called over to someone "Yes sir?" they asked "Take this big guy and let him into the arena" Mansam said pointing over to Shiro.

Before i could warn them though the guy got too close and Shiro snapped his powerful jaw their way "Shiro is a bit protective he won't let anyone i personally trust near me" i said "I see in that case, you know the way" Mansam said, i nodded "I'll meet you in the bleachers" i said and lead Shiro to the arena gates.

"Alright Shiro, i know you haven't fought much but i believe in you, just listen to your instincts and don't let the other guys boss you around" i smiled petting Shiro's big head, he huffed and nodded before nuzzling me, i giggled a bit hugging his big head "I'll be watching so don't let me down" i said and Shiro nodded, with that i let go of him and ran off not looking back as i headed to the bleachers where Mansam was already waiting.

"So how did you come across a White Dragon?" Mansam asked once i sat next to him "I found an egg under my house and Shiro hatched from it, that was what? Two or three years ago? Well anyway Shiro is pretty much still just a hatchling" i said "I see well Toriko should of arrived by now i'm off to greet him" Mansam said before leaving.

I just absentmindedly nodded and watched as the next round started, Shiro walked into the arena with the rest of the creatures and was curiously looking around before he faced my way, i smiled and nodded and as soon as the bell rang Shiro dominated the whole field with a powerful roar before attacking the frightened creatures skillfully and mercilessly killing them.

I found myself feeling pride as i watched Shiro put the monsters inside the dome and these greedy selfish asshat rich folk watching put in their place, after a couple of more rounds which Shiro also won Mansam returned with Toriko with Komatsu in tow.

"Amazing that White Dragon of yours has some serious power even for just a hatchling" Mansam said taking a seat next to me as Toriko sat on my other side and Komatsu next to him "Of course" i smirked a bit, as the last match cleared out there was a small brake before the final round was called "It's the main event you've been waiting for bring out the beast!" they announced.

"Perfect timing" Mansam said grinning, i didn't pay much attention to the announcements as the creatures made their way to the arena growling and roaring at each other trying to intimidate the other "Man this is nuts" Komatsu said "It's too early to be shocked kid save some of that for the last two gates that's where the real stars are" Mansam said.

So we finally get to see why Toriko and i were called here, "And now the head liners, from gate five, it's history come to life a creature unseen by man today, Battle Wolf!" they announced "No way" i muttered shocked as Toriko stood up equally or even more shocked then i was "You gotta be kidding me, the actual Battle Wolf? From the Death Gore plague?" he muttered.

"Oookay i'm lost"Komatsu said "It was many thousands of years ago when the Death Gore reigned no one's certain how they evolved it was as if they were born from the bowls of the earth they stood a hundred and sixty feet tall and weighted a thousand tons, they were super herbivores with an endless hunger" Mansam explained.

"They could eat a whole forest in less then a day and still be hungry, they devoured everything in their home land leaving a trail of nothing but bones of their victims, they moved on to a larger continent but they never got a taste of a single blade of grass, for they were hunted down by a single predator, a king who claimed the land as their own the Battle Wolf" he finished off.

It's certainly a sight to behold, the legendary Battle Wolf but there was just something about this one in particular that seemed off to me, i didn't know why but just something was off, anyway "Most people here have bet on the Battle Wolf but the second favorite to win is Shiro waiting behind gate six" i said looking at the monitor that showed each creature and their odds of winning.

There seemed to be some trouble with the fragrance machine or whatever, i wasn't entirely focused on what Rin the beast master and Mansam were going on about, i was focused on the Battle Wolf and i was certain about my suspicion when i saw it didn't move out of the way of an attack from the other beast.

"Toriko!" i called and he turned to me "Yeah" he nodded and we both rushed down to the arena, while Toriko dealt with the other creatures i went over to gate six and let Shiro free, he jumped over to the Battle Wolf towering over her and defending her with Toriko.

I didn't let myself get surprised by Shiro's sudden growth spurt, i figured a while ago he's able to adjust his growth rate, anyway after that i went over to the Battle Wolf figuring she might respond better to a fellow female "It's okay now, we're here to help"i said not braking my gaze from hers.

It seemed she understood our intentions as she let herself collapse, i cautiously walked over never braking eye contact and placed a hand on her nose once i was close enough, the Battle Wolf visibly relaxed and let me pet her "That's it" i smiled "Just relax"i said gently petting her, her fur was incredibly soft.