Chapter Twenty Seven ~ Madam Fish and Ao's birthday

~Ao~

Papa had called everyone to hunt for a certain ingredient, the Pot Pond had frozen over so we were called to catch Madam Fish, the ruler of the lake, anyway after putting on my winter wear which is pretty much just putting some pants on and wrapping a warm coat over me and of course a ski cap with a fluffy ball and a scarf.

Zebra said he didn't need anything to keep him warm but he did put on the scarf i gave him for Christmas, and i took a coat for him with me just in case, anyway with that we hoped on Shiro and flew to the Pot Pond, once there i had Shiro land on solid ground cause i wasn't sure the ice was thick enough to hold a 300 ton beast like him.

"Ao and i see you dragged Zebra here too"Toriko grinned "Nope, i came cause i wanna eat that fish, so how about a competition to see who can catch it first?"Zebra asked smirking being all cool and leaning against a tree, i giggled a bit as the others agreed to a contest, i wasn't really that interested, this time, but i'll help Zebra regardless.

Anyway with that we split up and began fishing "Shiro! A hole if you please!"i called, the dragon nodded and melted the ice with his fiery breath creating a huge hole "Thank you!"i called and Shiro went back to minding his own business, i put out a chair and cast the line in now to just wait while Zebra scared the fish into swimming over.

With this we caught quite a few fish but no sign of the Madam Fish yet, regardless of that i used a sinking lure to catch seaweed/kelp Snakes that live in the bottom, these will make a great soup as i was making that i looked over to Zebra, he was talking to Komatsu so i knew all that yelling earlier must of hurt his throat a bit, not to mention the cold atmosphere around this lake only adds to a soar throat.

~Zebra~

"Zebra enough bragging about your full course i made soup!"i head Ao call once i was done telling Komatsu about my full course "In a sec!"i called back and turned to Komatsu "Well the ingredients don't matter, my partner's cooking is what makes them great, later kid"i told him waving him off as i went over to Ao and ate the soup she made and usual it was freaking delicious, though what makes them even better is seeing her smile.

~Ao~

After a while of fishing we moved elsewhere, cause some fish were messing up Zebra's echolocation, i didn't mind moving with that bazooka he sent earlier all the fish got scared off even from my line, anyway following his sonar we found another spot which happened to where Komatsu was fishing.

"Just how much food luck do you have Komatsu?!"we all yelled, then i just sighed as the other four got into a fight, again i couldn't help but feel jealous of Komatsu, he really does have some incredible food luck anyway he fished up the Madam Fish a beast showed up intent to steal it but Shiro flew by and ate it in one bite.

With that i just stood by as the four argued over who gets the fish "Boys"i said and knocked each of them on the head "Komatsu caught it so it should be his choice what to do with it"i said looking at Komatsu as the four rubbed their heads "Ao-san, thank you, then i choose to give it to Toriko"he said "In that case let's all eat it!"Toriko grinned.

"Toriko-san wasn't this supposed to be an ingredient for the Eho Maki?"Komatsu asked "Yeah so we'll have a little"Toriko said "A little?! Just how much is that with you?"Komatsu asked and we all laughed and smiled "That's right your birth day is coming up right Ao?"Coco asked i nodded "I haven't really planned on any big parties but i know i'll treat myself to all of my favorite foods"i said smiling.

"How old are you anyway?"Komatsu asked "That's not very nice Komatsu, you can't ask a lady her age "I said and giggled at his reaction "I'm just kidding i'm 22, i'm actually only two years younger then Zebra but my birthday is later then everyone else's so i wind up being younger by quite a bit, Coco is actually the oldest of us, he's 27"i said smiling "I see"Komatsu nodded.

With that Zebra and i hoped on Shiro and flew home "You're really okay not having a party on your birthday?"Zebra asked, i nodded "Yeah, i'm totally fine just spending the day with you and some cake and my favorite foods"I said smiling, anyway we soon got home and i spend the rest of the day gardening while Zebra was getting the ingredients for my birthday.

A couple of days later as i was enjoying some tea while watching my garden i picked up on a horrendous stench "Gross"i muttered and sipped some tea, well enough of that today was also my birthday, Zebra had insisted on cooking something for me so currently i was waiting on that before i could get to cook my favorite foods, i had already done the cake, all it needed was some frosting which i intended to do today, but later.

Anyway i thought back to my training days, specifically the time i spent at the Shokurin Temple i was a natural with Food Honor and graduated in a little over three months,then Zebra walked over holding a plate braking my train of thought "Finally done?"i asked "Yeah i hope you like it"he said handing me the plate.

The food on it however could hardly be called food i know Zebra knows how to roast pretty much anything but this, this was a burnt ball of mush, regardless i ate every last bit and turned to him with a smile "That was absolutely horrible, never cook again"i said cause i knew he hated lying more then anything.

"I appreciate the truth but you didn't have to be so blunt about it"Zebra said rubbing the back of his neck, i giggled and kissed his cheek "Sorry but i know you hate lies, anyway i need something to wash out this awful thing so i think i'll finish that cake and cook the foods, of course i'll make extra for you though, just not the cake though that one is all mine"i said going to the kitchen with Zebra behind me following.

"Yeah yeah, it is your birthday so i'll let you have that all to yourself"Zebra said "Oh also thanks for gathering all the ingredients, that's all the birthday present i need"i said and turned to him smiling, he smiled back at me "Sure saves me the hassle of going out and buying something"he said, i giggled a bit "You're welcome"i said, getting to the kitchen i first cooked all the ingredients into my favorite foods making extra for Zebra and then i finished the cake with some chocolate frosting before putting it back in the fridge for later.

With that we began eating finishing off everything in a few minutes, after that we did it a few time, cuddled watching tv, did it again, i then had my cake and before you knew it, it was night fall we did it once more and went to sleep.