Chapter 9

"Your Mama is going to kill me," I muttered under breath as I carry my son to my office and clean his face.

I don't know what to do with his shirt full of ketchup and mustard and Camila didn't even packed any extra clothes for him. She's going to be mad when she sees this.

I decided to bring Calhoun to our restaurant. And this place has been gaining a lot of attention since Camila and I got back together, and the popularity of this place even boosted when the two of us got married. They even named me as one of the youngest and best chef in the world, a year ago. I was so overwhelm when Camila and my family told me about that kind of news. And until now, I still can't believe it.

A week ago, my dad and I planned on expanding my business and we both agreed to build seven more of my restaurant at some place here in the US.

After what happened to Marco and I, three years ago, my dad became the one who handle every business for me. He knows how much I hate attending meetings and having business trips. And he still want for me to run our family business. I'm still thinking about it though, but Camila wants me to take it since my dad was the one who's giving it to me. I don't know. I think I should get a business degree so I know how to handle a huge thing like this.

And about Marco? Until now, I don't have any news about my old friend, the last time I heard Marco and Kelly are having a huge financial problem because they're expecting a second baby.

I place Calhoun on top of my office desk and continue cleaning his face. I don't regret bringing him to our restaurant, I regret carrying him and letting him stay inside the kitchen, when I know no one is going to watch him while I was cooking. And which also my wife told me not to bring our son inside the kitchen room of the restaurant. She told me that he might grab a knife and hurt himself or whatever but she has point. And I still didn't obeyed her. I actually don't have any plans on bringing him inside my kitchen with me. I told my son to just stay inside my office and I gave him his coloring book, his colors and his toys. I put it all out, I even told him that he can make a mess inside and all he have to do is behave and stay. But before I can go out of my office and go to the kitchen, to make some dishes that the customers ordered, my son immediately wrap his arms on my leg and begged for me to stay. I can't say no to him when he was giving me his puppy dog eyes but I also cannot just stay inside my office. So an idea came into my mind, which I thought was a great one, it's that I'm going to bring my son with me inside the kitchen while I'm cooking. It only take five minutes or so, when I saw him holding a bottle of ketchup and he even splattered it all over his face and his clothes. I didn't even know where he gets it. Camila will definitely kill me when she see our son.

Speaking of my wife, Camila will be spending her time all morning at the studio then dance rehearsals in the afternoon.

My phone buzzes inside my pocket and I fish it out. My eyes widen when I saw my wife sent me a text.

[Wifey — 11:21 am];
hows cal?
ill be there in 10. sean gave us an hour to take a break. see u, i love u

[Me — 11:21 am];
Good. Alright, see you. I love you, like a lot. And you're really beautiful today baby.

[Wifey — 11:22 am];
u havent even see me this morning how could u know that im beautiful? and u were sleeping before i went to the studio lol

[Me — 11:23 am];
Because I know you are. You're my wife so I know you're beautiful.

[Wifey — 11:24 am];
why r u suddenly complementing me too much today? u're not like that. alright, tell me what did you do?