Chapter 12

"Mommy, Mommy! I want that one!" Calhoun pointed at a big toy truck as we stop wandering around the toy shop for a very long time. As soon as we walk at every aisle where they placed different kind of toy vehicles, my son's eyes went wide, I think he got overwhelm when he saw that he have a lot of choices to make.

"Are you sure, baby?" He nodded his head vigorously and I grab it. After he almost pointed out at every toys, he finally got what he like. I told him that he can only buy one, that's why we were taking a lot of time on choosing.

I grab it from the shelf and place it on the floor in front of him. His smile grew wider when he saw it up close. Damn, it's like the toy car and my son have the same size.

We made a deal that if he felt so much better before our trip to back to Miami, I will buy him a toy that he like and I think it works. He's stopped being so stubborn when I took care of him, he ate his tomato soup and take his meds. And now he's back to being cute and bubbly.

He was about to open it when I stop him, "Buddy, we have to pay it first before you open it."

"Okay, then let's go pay it!" He giggled excitedly and I carry the toy car as my son is dragging me to the counter.

It's been a week since he got sick and thank God, after the night we FaceTimed my wife, he finally felt so much better the other day. And Camila is now checking up on the both of us every hour, making sure that none of us will get sick before we see her again.

Since we only have three days left before the girls of Fifth Harmony will be here in Miami, I decided that Calhoun and I will take a flight here first, then stay with my relatives while we wait for my wife and her band mates.

My son was so excited, when we finally had the chance to rode an airplane. He didn't get any sleep on the whole 5 hours flight that we had. He just stare at the window while sitting on my lap and staring and telling me how much he likes to touch the clouds.

We've been here since yesterday and the first thing we do was go to the mall to find a toy store for my three-year-old kid. My Uncles and Aunts was so happy when they finally met Calhoun, and my grandma even got teary-eyed when her eyes landed on him. Then she told me: "I thought I'm not going to see you have your own child. So, thank you for making him a little bit earlier than y'all planned."

I was brought back to reality when I heard a little kid whining, "But Mommy, I want that one!" I heard the little kid's voice begging their mom. And he's pointing at the same toy that Cal wants to buy.

I look around and saw a little boy, crying while sitting on the ground. "No, I told you, you can only have one. I don't have enough money to buy that." His mom said in exasperated tone. I can't see his mom because the toys are blocking her face.

"Mommy, look." My son tug my hand and point out the little boy who I was watching awhile ago. And looks like he's in the same age with Cal.

"Mhmm?" I gaze down to my son and he looks like he wanted to go to him.

"He's crying," I just nod my head and told him to don't mind it.

"Mommy please, can I have that one?" The same boy said and he wouldn't stop begging his mom.

I ignore it while Cal and I continue to walk towards the counter. I place the toy that my son picked and I paid for it. But as soon as I let my son hold it for awhile, he run to where the little kid is, "Here. My Mommy buy this for me," My eyes went wide when he handed it to him.