Chapter 20

I nervously knocked on the door and my gaze found my shuffling feet as I patiently waited for someone to open the door. I look up and saw the sun shining so brightly. It's been a day since Michael and I exchanged text messages and he told me what really happened between him and my wife.

Good thing I immediately asked Kelly to booked me a flight to South America. And the only available day is today, my flight will be in five hours, I have to get Calhoun before I head out of the country and I have a lot of making up to do with Camila.

I started fumbling with my fingers and started biting my lower lip as my anxiety is eating me up. I don't know what or how Sinu will react after I vanished for almost three weeks and especially, I don't want to fucking know what Alejnadro will say to me. I know he's not my biggest fan at the moment because of what I have done and he will probably punch me or beat me to pulp, but I don't care, as long as I get my son again.

I breathed out heavily and thinking of backing away. I want to turn my body around and ride my car again and head to the airport and fly to Brazil and be with my wife, but I can't, I have to see my son first and take him with me.

Some senses came to knock on me and I finally decided to see my son after two weeks and three days. I know I'm such an idiot for not picking him up again after I drop him off to his grandparents, then act like I don't have an off-spring. Just like what Kelly said, I practically abandoned my own son. I miss him so much. I hope he can forgive me for such a stupid move that I made.

I was brought to reality when the Cabello's door swings open, I slowly lift my head up and saw my father-in-law's confuse and cold stare. "Uhm... Hey, Papa. I- I-"

He cuts me off and asked, "What are you doing here?" His voice is so distant. He crossed his arms on his chest, waiting for me to explain.

"I- I came here to- to get- my son- you know- Calhoun." I stuttered out and rub the back of my neck.

"Oh, so now you finally remembered that you have a son?" He chuckled bitterly. "You better go now Y/N, before I can beat the shit out of you." Alejandro said sternly.

"No, I have to go and see Calhoun." I said and look over his shoulders. And saw Sinu on top of the stairs, with her eyebrows furrowed. I know she is going to approach us, so she's making her way down with my son in her arms and he have his arms on his grandmother's neck and his face is stuffed to her neck. "Just- just let me explain why I did that. Why I was out for almost three weeks." I said trying to get inside their house but he blocked my way.

"No," He said seriously. "You think I will let you get him easily? You're wrong! You didn't know how much he cried asking and calling for you at night!" He yelled. "You don't know how long he waited every single night for you to come and get him! You don't know how much he missed you!" The veins on his neck looks like it's going to pop out. My father-in-law's face is burning red in anger. "You don't have the right to leave him and come back whenever you want! So please leave, he doesn't want to see you anymore." He lightly pushed me but I didn't budge. "He doesn't need you. He's happy being with us. The only job you have to do is to be a mother to your kid but you failed and fucked up, big time."

"That's not true," I said. "And I get it, okay?" I run my hands in my hair in frustration. "I know you're trying to be a great grandfather and that you're prorecting my son. I know I'm an asshole for leaving him, but you don't have to take him away from me. I'm still his mother!" I barked back. I know I should show him respect since he's my wife's father, but I have to stand up and defend myself. I cannot just let him to take me down.

"What's going on?" Sinu asked and went to Alejandro's side. "Y/N, what are you doing here?" The older woman asked. As soon as my name slips past her mouth, my son's head lift up and shot his head to me.