Chapter 11

Sampson sat in his study, filling in paper work as per usual. I walked in, he didn't pay attention to me. I cleared my throat, trying to get his attention. "Yes child?" He said not looking up from his papers. "Uhm S-Sampson..." I stuttered while playing with my thumbs. Sampson looked up at me with a worried expression on his face "What's wrong child?" He asked worriedly.

I walked over to Sampsons desk and leaned against it. "I uhm... wanted to ask you something." I said, awkwardly scratching the back of my head. "Anything child." He said, motioning me to talk. All this time, I have been living with Jason and Sampson and I haven't had much friends who were girls. I know I WAS friends with Justine but she's one of them.

So not having much girls around, I didn't have anybody to talk to about boys, not to mention I'd never dated or even kiss a boy until now. What made matters worse, I needed to talk to someone about it and the only person I trusted was Sampson. So I had to awkwardly find a way to tell Sampson I had my first kiss but not tell him that the person I had kissed was Jeff.

"So, you know I'm 18 right Sam?" I said while looking at him. "Yes." He answered. "Well, you know I am going to get feelings for boys eventually..." I said awkwardly. Sampson looked flushed at the sound of those words. "Oh,no." He sighed.

"You see Sam, I like this... boy and we might have kis-" I started but he cut me off. "Oh no, not this talk! Not my little (Y/n/n)!" He said in a higher pitch then usual, he got up from his seat and held the sides of my head. "But Sam..." I tried. "I have business, you don't mind if we take care of this conversation later, right? Like in the next twenty years?" He said, whispering the last part as he walked out. "Wait, what? No!" I said, watching him exit.

I rolled my eyes and walked to my room, I should have known Sampson would have been freaked out by the conversation. When I walked into my room Jeff was sitting on my bed patiently waiting. When I walked in he sprung up off the bed. He grabbed my upper arm and pulled my out of the room again. "Com'on we gotta go follow your friend." He said, dragging me back down the stairs. "Wait,why?" I asked. Jeff stopped in his tracks and looked at me, not letting go of my arm. "Because." He said sharply. "If she's one of them, we can see their little hiding place!" He continued.

He started walking again, he took my car keys out of my pocket and unlocked the car. He gave me the keys and let go of my arm. I walked over to the drivers seat and got in while Jeff did the same. I started the car and drove out of the driveway.

We drove around the town for what felt like forever until we saw Justine walking up near the forest, wearing the same clothes the CpH people wear, except she didn't have the mask on. "There she is!" Jeff shouted. I hit dead breaks causing Jeff and I to jerk forward. "Hey!" He growled. "What do you expect to happen when you yell at me." I shouted. "Ugh whatever just park the car, she's going into the woods" Jeff said while pointing at Justine.

I quickly parked the car and Jeff and I ran into the woods after her, but it was as if she had disappeared into thin air. Jeff looked pissed, I could hear him actually growling as he kicked at the ground. I sighed, how could she have disappeared so fast, where could she be? There was the sound of footsteps in the snow, in the distance, there was someone coming. Jeff stopped his little tantrum and looked to see where the footsteps were coming from, we both tilted our heads to the side slightly. Jeff quickly ran over to me and then pushed me into the bushes that I was conveniently standing next to. I let out a high pitched squeal as I landed in the bush.

"Don't say a word!" He hissed as the person in the distance approached. I waited quietly, I laid awkwardly in the bushes. I couldn't exactly move because it would make a sound. "What are you doing here?" A voice spat, it was a female but I couldn't see her. "Non of your business!" Jeff hissed. "Do you think I'm dumb Jeffery?" She asked harshly.

"Well, if the shoe fits." Jeff said. "Don't be coy with me Jeff!" The female snapped. Jeff laughed at the girls reaction. "I'm watching you." She hissed, then walked off. When she walked off I could finally see who it was, it was Jane. How does Jane know Jeff? Who was Jane?

After she disappeared into the woods, Jeff helped me out of the bushes. "How do you know her?" I asked him while dusting my clothing off. "How do you know her?" He asked. "Sampson introduced us." I said with a shrug. "I always wondered why she wears a mask." I said again. "I gave her that mask, I failed at making her beautiful like me." He spat. I was slightly shocked, how did Sampson know her and why did he want us to be friends so badly? Jeff snapped his fingers in front of my face. When he got my attention he rolled his eyes and started walking out of the woods.

There was the crunch of snow, walking in the opposite direction as us. Jeff stopped, ready to strike, I looked at him, my back facing the person who was coming. "It's you, (Y/n)?" A voice asked in shock, it was Justine. "You!" Jeff growled. "What do you mean?" I asked as I turned to face her. "You're the-" "(Y/n), get away from it." Jeff spat, cutting Justine off.

"I'm the what, Jus-" I started but Justine cut me off. "There she is, with one of them!" She yelled, Jeff and I stood silently,waiting for something to happen but nothing. Jeff started growling at Justine, then I heard faint footsteps behind Jeff and I. I then heard string being pulled back.

I heard the whoosh of something being thrown through the air. It was like I could hear where it was going, it was heading straight for Jeff. It was as if instinct had kicked in and adrenaline had takes over. I ran up and kick against a tree, getting me airborne. I kick flipped into jeffs path and caught the object in my hand, and landing on Jeff. Jeff, who was distracted, got a surprise. "WHAT THE FU-" Jeff started but he went mute when he saw the object in my hand. It was an arrow, the sharp point, pointing just 3 inches from his eye.