Prologue

Ares

While the rest of the pack enjoyed the mouth-watering feast under the beaming sun, Ares sat in a dark prison brutally stabbing rogues to death.

A caliginous atmosphere encompassed the underground dungeons of the 'Bloodrose' pack. The dangerously gloom-ridden cells seemed to attract innumerable werewolves for crimes that usually would have not even been recognisable in other packs. To the left of the dungeon, laid an old man who had just a couple of days for taking his last few breaths; on the right, sat a woman with streaks of hopelessness running down her face, and, with a hand gently resting on her swollen stomach. The petty crimes that had never been taken into account in any other pack could be picked up within a single beat under the vigilant eyes of the Alpha, no one was spared.

The insides of the cells were indistinguishable under the naked eye, all those imprisoned only saw complete darkness. Movements were restricted due to the lack of space between the four walls, and even the most powerful rays emitted from the sun couldn't break through the prison created by the ruthless Alpha. Prisoners were abandoned there, only to imagine their surroundings with their remaining senses... unless, they were also removed.

These haunted prison cells personified itself, controlled by the past legacies who resided here, it is said that these ghosts fed their successors with disturbing hallucinations. Whatever remaining senses were left were atrociously abused by the broken souls. By the end of it, some had lost their ability to taste and to smell, while others, desperately clawed or begged to have their hearing removed.

Only a meagre made it out alive but those who did had never been to the room in the corner at the end of the dark hallway. Not even the most powerful rogues that resided there made it out alive to tell the horrid tales of the sadistic occurrences inside that special prison. The rumours of the gruesome activities that occurred inside the cells were only spread around like wildfire by the guards that stood outside it, the vilest and unthinkable stories that came out of their mouths caused even the most resistant stomachs to churn in distaste. There was no story in the world that did complete justice to what the feeling of being in that prison was actually like.

Yet, the best way to describe that prison was to simply, compare it to hell. Over the years, that prison had been popularised as the Gehenna, or to put simply as hell. Although, no amount of translation and justification could even come close to portray the experience of it. Some say that going to hell was better than entering that prison.

Just like every other day, five men were held captive in the Gehenna, out of which four were on the blood riddled floor with their arms and limbs twisted in wayward directions. They lay there with their eyes wide open, perfectly capturing their last haunting experience inside the scandalous prison. They lay there lifeless... presumably dead. Even if they hadn't died, the Alpha would show them no mercy and order the guards to drag them out by their hair and bury them alive. The prisoners' minds were the weapon that eventually killed them.

Ares took a seat in his chair for the very last time. He was calm and collected, even after he had murdered the young men in front of him. However, a blind person could tell that Ares didn't truly reflect his exterior emotions on the inside by the way he sat at the edge of the seat with the palms of his hands on his knees.

"I will ask you this one last time, rogue." Ares right leg involuntarily shook against the stone ground as he addressed the wolves who tried to destroy his pack. His forehead was extremely hot against the cold temperatures in the dungeons, even the people outside in the sun felt let heat compared to what Ares did. His mind was filled with rage and a vile venom, as he stared down at the last man who tried to threaten his pack.