Chapter 10

Aphrodite

The Moon Goddess had a lot of nefarious schemes up her sleeve. She possessed the power to create as well as destroy, never had I ever seen some spirit possess two opposites as the Moon Goddess did.

The plans she carried out always had a motive. Unfortunately, we will never be able to find out what it is. Werewolves can be ignorant most of the times, it's probably because all we see is the blatantly obvious. I've never met a Werewolf, other than my uncle, who could give me an insight as to why things occurred the way they did.

I've seen many perfect pairs of mates disintegrate right in front of my eyes, and fall down into a spiral of darkness and depression. I've also seen mates that one would never have thought of being paired together; living a wonderful life. And we've all seen the contrary to that as well. Which begs the question, what is the Moon Goddess' purpose of doing things.

Soulmates or mates, in short, is when us Werewolves are destined with an eternal life partner that we must cherish and be loyal to. The feeling of finding your mate is strange and indescribable. However, there is only one way to find out whether the person in question is your true mate, is not at the touch of a hand, and not by the scent either. No, those are all superficial ways to be attracted to someone. The only way to find out your mate is by looking into that person's eyes.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, and in this case, our eyes resonate not wild beauty, but more of real beauty. When you look into your mates eyes, you can see their troubles and their sorrows as well as they joy and happiness. This makes it tough to keep things away from your mate.

There are several stages of mating, and it can take from about a few hours to many years. The first step is accepting the fact that acknowledge your mate. This involves following the Napoleonic code where, as women, we have to give up our rights, properties and even our body and soul to our mates. Hypothetically it seems ridiculous that we no longer have any more freedom, but most women don't mind doing so as they are hypnotized by their mates. This stage is the easiest to accept. However, hardest to implement.

The second stage flows in much quicker like melted butter. This is where the male wolf marks their females at the nape of their neck. It is just another indicator to show that their female is off territories as if taking their land and human rights weren't enough, now they had to bear a mark to show everyone that they were oppressed. This stage was hard to accept but easy to implement.

The third stage is both hard to take and implement, it is much more than what is just stated in the laws. This is known as the mating process, and it is the binding of two souls. The primary mission of this process is to bring two soul mates closer than ever, and it is the pathway for love and procreation. Mates need to fully understand each other to carry out this process, and it had to be done during the full moon when the female was going through heat.

Folklore was passed down the generations indicating exquisite tales of two mates meeting each other and fighting all odds. Many young women my age were infatuated their mates and ever since a young age, were trained to be the perfect mate. I've never heard of a story in my lifetime where two mates hated each other and didn't end up being together. Even my satanic parents somehow loved each other, disregarding the blatant narcissistic and psychopathic nature.

There had been no stories about mates disliking each other, until now. There wasn't an estimated time I could give myself to resent the man that stood in front of me. When I looked into his eyes, I knew that the Moon Goddess had paired us up together. To say that I was disappointed was an understatement, how could I love a man that took everything away from me?

The mere fact that I did feel some sort of gravitational pull towards him made me resent myself and my wolf. I was taught to be strong and resilient, and I wasn't going to get rid of that quickly, not even if it was for my mate.