Chapter 24

Ares  

"So this is the list of trucks that came in today," Ares was getting agitated at the man in front of by the second, there was a very thin line between him and his wolf state. But Hades didn't seem to care, he wanted Ares to endure the long hours of looking into official documents.

"And from what I can conclude-"

"Oh for fuck's sake Hades!" Ares slammed the table, causing Hades to let out a sigh and raise his arms in defeat, "My mate is in trouble, and all we're doing is looking at stupid documents."

"Wow," Hades said nonchalantly, "You must have spent an ample amount of time with your mate, that you've started to act like her too."

"I'm not acting like her, I'm just-" Ares had to stop himself for a moment, taking in a deep breath in order to go back to his original self. His missing mate was causing him to go crazy, that was the power Aphrodite had over him.

"Scared?" Ares nodded, his eyes couldn't even meet the wise ones of Hades. Placing his fingers gently on his head, he began to massage the pain away. Hades slowly approached him and dropped the thin folder in front of him. Leaning to the front, Ares picked up the folder and read the several names of the packs on it.

One of them struck out to him, it wasn't as if he found any clue, it was simply that the pack had been highlighted by Hades. Ares slowly turned his head upwards and looked at Hades with a raised brow.

"You know about the Ambersky pack? Ares chuckled at Hades' words, he had known the Ambersky pack for a long time. They never really got along as their views on how to maintain a society was very different. Ambersky was run by a corrupt capitalist Alpha who loved to exploit the poor, Bloodrose practised the art of socialism where everyone was equal.

"Who doesn't know this pack?" Ares gently threw the file back to Hades, who hastily picked it up and skimmed through the pages.

"Great, get your coat! I would suggest you get a black one for hiding purposes." Ares raised his head up and looked up at Hades in confusion. He did not understand how a corrupt pack like Ambersky have anything to do with Aphrodite. Hades was not amused at Ares' stupidity, he literally hit his head against the file multiple times.

"Ugh, do you have any idea what goes on in that pack?" Hades asked, but the blank stare on Ares' face answered his question. Hades rolled his eyes and began to explain all the details.

"There is a man," He continued, "His name is Dionysus, you know him?"

"The winemaker?" Ares said unsure of himself, Hades clenched his hand around the file and gently slapped it against Ares' arms. Ares groaned, slowly rubbing his arms to ease the pain.

"He's not just a winemaker you fool," Hades replied exasperated. "He's secretly a lawmaker, do you finally understand what I'm trying to say."

Ares sighed and got up, he walked over to the closet and pulled out his large black coat as well as leather gloves. Hades smiled in satisfaction, he had gotten the message across to Ares. Ares, on the other hand, felt a great deal of sadness. He thought that his mate had changed his mind since she didn't, he would have to take serious action. Ares was just as influential as she was, he couldn't wait to get her back to show her where she really belongs.

The first thing Ares did when he reached the Ambersky pack was storm into the bar which Dionysus owned. It was already closed, so Ares had to break into the bar. Ares had no doubt in his mind that Dionysus was aware that he was in his bar. The sound of Ares' raiding and breaking all of his supplies were quite obvious.