Chapter 26

Aphrodite

Nothing.

That's exactly what I feel right now, nothing. My body seems to be missing a heart, and when I peek inside of me, all that's left is a hollow hole that could trap you with its darkness. My wolf was long gone, now the human side of me will vanish too.

The grandfather clock kept ticking as I lay in bed, an empty bed. No one had any idea where my mate was, a surprising fact since they should be worried about the safety of the King.

King.

That word brought the bile right back to my throat, burning its way up. Desperate to remove it from me, I ran to the bathroom, spilling all the contents out to my heart's content. My throat felt like I had swallowed acid, killing the flesh inside. I slowly got back up and walked over to the sink to clean myself up.

Another day where the dinner just didn't settle well with me.

Sleep didn't come to me easy, even though I had swallowed a bunch of sleeping pills. There was something on my back that constantly reminded me of my failures, it didn't let me rest until I completely broke down. All this because I had to succumb to one of the most dangerous weapons that existed in this world- greed.

Back in the wine cellar, I couldn't hide the fact that I wanted him, desperately wanted him. I wanted him so bad, that I'd do anything for it, including giving up my rights as the ruler of this Kingdom to the man I call my mate.

What's worse, I couldn't stop thinking about my uncle, and more importantly, the look of disappointment on his face. Lying there on the bed, the innumerable amount of blankets did nothing to soothe the cold feeling of my missing soul. I looked towards the window, directly at the bright and shining moon, and a tear drop fell from my eye.

I hope you're not looking at my miserable condition right now, uncle. There was no harm in saying it directly to my dead uncle, he won't be able to hear anyways. However, I always felt his presence quite close to me but never saw him or heard his voice, just felt his aura.

I hate myself so much, how could I be so stupid? Groaning, I turned away from the direction of the moon. The darkness enclosed itself on me, it felt relaxing but it was frightening how much I found comfort in eternal darkness.

I was beginning to lose myself.

Morning had arrived, and so did the dread attached to it. Tyche came into the room, squealing like a little girl and jumped up and down on the bed trying to wake me up. On a normal occasion, I would have engulfed her in my embrace and would have ended it with a pillow fight, but today, I really wanted to fight her... with my fists.

"Alpha Ares is going to become a King today!" She screamed causing me to groan and put a pillow over my ear. Much to my dismay, she tried pulling them off.

"That's enough Tyche!" It was surprising to hear his Beta's voice for the first time, I peeked out of my giant pillow as he picked Tyche up and rested her on his lap. It was a rare father- daughter moment between them. I wouldn't blame him, he's been a busy man ever since his Alpha took over the Kingdom.

"Thank you, Hermes." My broken voice barely came out of as whisper. Hermes looked back at me with immense sympathy in his eyes, I was used to it. No monarch had to suffer what I was going through right now.

Abdication.

"You're gonna be okay?" He asked, to which I simply nodded, he gave me one last smile before leaving the room. Sighing, I removed the pillow and the blankets off of me, the cold wind striking against my skin. Only a warm bath could get rid of this horrid feeling.