Chapter 19

Ares

The fresh red bruises on his mate's hands didn't go unnoticed by Ares, he observed the way she gently brushed her fingers against the red marks in order to soothe the pain. Ares berated himself for being an idiot for letting Hebe take control, he had no idea what she was capable of. Being a novice at all these ceremonial rituals, he didn't doubt Hebe, especially when she said that she had trained Aphrodite for years. Ares believed her like an idiot and he surely regretted it now, but this time he was going to change up the rules.

The joy that was felt in Ares' heart could not be described with words, his mate had accepted him and even kissed him. Although it was difficult to get her on the same bed as him, he held onto her like his life depended on it.

He was never going to let her go.

But he had work to do, as the future King, leisure wasn't something that he should become comfortable with. He looked over to the side to see his beautiful mate sleeping soundlessly. Her raven hair was all over the place, it covered her eyes, her nose and her lips. She was facing the other way, leaving her neck at the complete disposal of Ares.

His wolf began to fight with him for control, it was early in the morning and Ares' emotions were everywhere. So, he decided to let his wolf take over for a while. Slowly, he closed his eyes, falling into a deep and dark pit. He then opened his eyes again, this time, they were black.

Ares' instincts went from the once gentlemen-like to that of primitive, he slowly leaned over to his mate's neck and inhaled her scent. His wolf went wild, at the sight and smell of dry blood. It almost made him growl but he was careful not to wake her up.

Ares roughly pushed himself back into his bed me began struggling against the bed sheets. He gripped onto the bed sheets as he let out a loud gasp, the two souls within him were fighting for power.

Finally, he flopped onto the bed and took in a deep breath. He was sweating all over and was drained, but he slowly opened his eyes. It was back to his natural cyan ones, he took a big breath to calm himself before removing himself from the comfortable bed.

Ares? Ares ignored that voice, in order to get ready. Today was going to be slightly annoying for Ares because he had a lot of convincing to do.

Ares they're here! Ares groaned in annoyance, he knew they were coming so the mind-link wasn't necessary.

Tell them to sit their arses down, he said as he put on a fresh pair of pants, and washed his face to make him look fresher.

Oh, and Hermes?

Yes, Ares?

Get the hell out of my mind. That was the last thing Ares had said before Hermes apologised and cut off the link. Ares sighed as he relaxed with a peace of mind. He looked in the mirror and took a deep breath, it was now or never.

Ares reached the meeting room where the Elderly Council quietly sat, he had managed to make them more disciplined as he fed them with whatever legislatures they preferred. However, today, he was going to break that.

He walked over to the head chair and sat down, he messily sprawled all of his papers on the table and took another deep breath. He looked up at their blank expressions and let out a small smile, he could have sworn that one of the women returned it.

"Dear Elders," He spoke with a powerful voice, "Thank you for joining me today to discuss some pressing matters."

The 'Elderly Council' simply nodded, causing Ares to become slightly nervous. Even a powerful Alpha like him couldn't defy the 'Elderly Council', it was him alone against such powerful people. He opened on of the folders and passed out similar pages to them, the members picked up the white sheets and began reading them.