Chapter 9

Aphrodite

My uncle was less of a guardian, and more of a preacher. It was apparent to everybody around us that he acted like a personified version of the Testament, rather than the stereotypical uncle who would shower his nephews and nieces with all the riches in the world.

There were certain things my uncle told me, but always kept it very discreet with the way he formed his words. What I mean by that is, he always left it open ended but even a deaf person could definitely catch a hint of his final verdict.

My uncle was an ingenious man, every move he made was out of a sheer and dangerous sense of tranquillity and cautiousness. The famous quote that he preached before I made any decision still resonated in my mind. Think before you speak, for you are the Queen and possess the power to change the lives of everyone living on this earth.
Even though he was dead, it felt like his words were gushing past my mind like the wind.

In many ways I was the complete opposite of what my father was, but in some ways, as my Uncle pointed out, we were the same. Being headstrong and having little patience is what we both had in common. Hence, one of the worst nicknames he has given me was calling me his hot cup of tea. Loathing tea and that nickname in general, I playfully threatened to banish him if he ever used it again. Smiling at me like a five-year-old child, no words were exchanged to make me realise that I did have a short temper.

One other mighty phrase he told me when I was younger was to be brave. To this day, I remember his exact words. Don't run away from your problems. On a normal basis, I would have accepted that. But this time, I was oblivious to what the problem was. No clear image came to my mind while I wondered about the people that were after me, there wasn't even a proper reason to be chasing after me. At this moment I realised that although my uncle's speech warms the heart of millions, right now, it failed to warm mine. There was only one thought running in my mind. Fuck this, my uncle's dead anyways.

Running through the woods away from the man who was hunting me down is exactly what my uncle would not have wanted. However, if he were in this situation what would he have done? It is no doubt that most, if not all the Alpha's have a hierarchy over me when it comes to their physical strength.
On the brighter note, there haven't been Alpha's that show a vast amount of knowledge. All they seem to be doing is embodying the stereotype that the males are blood-thirsty and misogynistic. This is a key which can allow me to defeat them in this war.

The forest was a vast expanse that had no borders, yet I was trapped, and it seemed as the size of the woods was getting smaller. With the clear idea that they would eventually find me, I had to think of a strategy to get out of here. The forest was enormous, there could be a lot of places to go incognito because there is no way in hell I would go back to my Castle. The forest was my only option, running to another pack wasn't the best solution since I wasn't on most Alpha's good side. Trailing back into the lovely old lady's house wasn't a viable option either.

The memories of my uncle that I tried to suppress a few hours ago started to bite me in the back. If he were alive, he would probably be giving me a smug grin, as if he was amused by my situation. He's probably relieved that he died quickly, for he would have been ashamed to see my downfall.

The reminiscence of my uncle was deviating me from what I was doing in the current situation, running away from the beast. In fact, one could argue that at this point I wasn't even running; I was merely limping. That man's claws slashed deep into my leg, causing severe blood loss causing my head was slowly becoming heavier, and my body was becoming lighter. It was a deadly combination and the fact that I left a trail of blood behind for him to follow didn't help either.

Reaching to one of the most secluded areas of the forest, I stood my ground to catch a few deep breaths. Desperately trying to run away from him made me lose track of where I was but I didn't care. My primary instinct now was to survive.