Chapter 31

Aphrodite

"How could you do this to me? Your own family?!" Another antique vase shattered as a result of my violent outburst. In my opinion, it was well justified, as there was no other way to react to my dead uncle suddenly appearing after seven years. Sure, I could have gone and hugged him and told him how much I missed him, that is if he didn't actually pretend to be dead, cut off the mind-link with me and let Ares take over the throne.

Speaking of Ares, I turned to him with the same amount of betrayal. The fact that I trusted him, and he did this... I knew I could no longer be mad at him anymore, he told me everything he had to say about him, all of which were well justified. He wasn't the person I should be angry at, after all, Ares was just a pawn of a bigger and more malicious scheme- my uncle's scheme to have power to the throne.

"Aphrodite, please calm down." Ares tried to reason, he was experiencing the same emotions as me, due to the mate bond, but I continued to throw fits of anger around the room. The room was completely destroyed, the walls had holes in it, the tables were overturned. Oh, and not to mention, Ares has bloody scratch marks across his arms.

My head swiftly turned Ares, giving him a cold glare. "I am calm!"

With that, I tried to get out of his grip, piercing my claws against his already bruised arm. Ares winced in pain, yet he held me tighter around my torso. Warm and moist lips pressed against the prominent mark on my neck, and a sudden surge of the best feeling emerged in my body. It was a reminder, that I was his and he was there for me during the worst period of my life.

My nails stopped dragging down in skin and my back met against his hard torso, one of my hand reached to clasp his two joint hands at my torso, and true other reached up to his neck, gently grazing his mark. We remained in the position for a few minutes, enjoying each other's embrace.

All the while my uncle watched, with a cup of tea in his hands. He had a smile so wide and so bright that it shined brighter than the sun. It was also, an evil smile, one that I wanted to smack of his face.

"Nice seeing you two together, in love." My uncle clapped his hand and jumped up like a five-year-old girl. I could hear Ares let out an annoyed huff behind me, knowing that anything my uncle said would fuel my anger further.

"You son of a bitch, I'm going to skin you." My legs began to flail all around, Ares swiftly grabbed my arm and dragged me to the nearby sofa. He sat down first and proceeded to firmly place me on his lap, I was stuck and there was no way out.

"You're not the only one who has said that." My uncle replied as he sat down on the sofa opposite to Ares and I. His proximity caused me to emit low growls, while Ares kept rubbing circles on my exposed back.

"I think it's time to get all of our secrets out in the open." Ares said, his voice calm and collected, but his heart was beating at a rapid pace in anticipation of my reaction.

"Yeah, I'm so eager to know why my very own uncle decided to corporate with my former enemy and overthrow me." My voice was filled with exasperation, my hands began flailing around trying to release my anger somehow. "Or maybe why my uncle cut off the mind-link with me when I needed him the most."

My uncle sighed, knowing that the things I said was true. Ares, on the other hand, tightened his grip around me. This was the first time he was hearing about my hardships, I could feel the burning sensation that was going through his heart, I felt it too.