Chapter 11

Aphrodite

Ten years ago, I had been sent away to the Bloodrose Pack for forced labour. It was some sort of reform punishment that would supposedly get rid of the curse that the Moon Goddess had embedded inside of me. That was what the people in my Kingdom would have liked me to believe.

Under Hebe's instructions, I was changed into a different set of attire, one to resemble that of an orphan. The conditions were such, that if I told someone of my identity, I would be beheaded. The younger me genuinely wanted to live and obeyed, just trying her best to regain honour in her parent's eyes.

The Bloodrose Pack wasn't so far away from the Castle, yet to me, it seemed like they were complete opposites. When I stepped into the land of this Pack, it felt like I was in heaven.
There was a rumour being spread, there many stories of this pack being destroyed by severe famine, killing almost all the people living in here, including their Alpha, Luna, and their children. However, just a few years later they rebuilt their pack into a well functioning stand-alone economy. Something told me that the causes of the deaths in the pack weren't natural.

The world of materialistic excess never seemed to have lured me in, like it did with the other females in the Castle. Living the simplistic life was always what I had dreamed of, maybe it was my own preference or perhaps, it was forced upon me by the cruelty of my parents.

The women of the pack matched my preference when it came to humility, the boring dresses with baskets on their hands picking up the berries was something I deeply admired about them. The catch here was, that even though their dress was boring and dull, their personalities radiated across the entire fields. They welcomed me with a warm smile and made me change my perspective on how women should behave as a whole.

Nevertheless, I had Hebe follow me and make sure that I did the preposterous duties that my parents had ordered. Those included ploughing the fields, planting crops and making sure that the animals are fed and washed. By the end of it, my skin burned under the radiating sun and I ended up with cuts on my arms and my legs, as well as, severe soreness.

However, my parents had another punishment for me that I had no idea about. Hebe carefully hid that plan from me and one night when I was about to fall asleep from a long day of labour, she slowly crept up to my bed and pulled me down to the floor.

Hebe picked up a leather belt and struck me multiple times throughout my entire body. She made sure that I got the worse end of the whip where there was a silver buckle attached to it. That wench believed that beating the living soul out of me would remove the supposed 'demon' that is inside of me.
That night I lay in bed crying out loud. Everyone heard me that night, yet they did nothing, how could they? They were scared that if they disobeyed Hebe's orders, she would tell the King who would threaten the abolishment of their Pack.

Never would I have ever imagined such a weak pack, to become one of the most feared pack in the Kingdom.

Here I sat in one of the grandest halls, imprisoned in my own Castle by a Rogue Pack. They forced me onto a chair and placed silver chains around me, for they feared that I would be capable enough to break through regular chains. I sat there like a boulder, silently absorbing the deadly silver that pierced through my flesh. This wasn't the first time I had been exposed to silver, but this was the worst pain of them all. For I not only am being injected with a substance that could kill werewolves like me, but at the same time, I am also witnessing the downfall of my reign.

"You just had to tie me up, didn't you?" The voice that came out of me was cold and bitter, it sounded like I wanted to take a jab at him verbally. To my left sat my mate, who apparently was Alpha Ares of the Bloodrose Pack, the one my uncle tried to warn me about, but, tried to brush it off as well. If only I knew what was happening in pmy Kingdom. Ares sat to my left and looked at me with an amused expression and nodded in agreement.