Chapter 15

Aphrodite

"You are not real," I kept reminding it to myself like a hymn, "You're just a figment of my imagination."

"Aphrodite, please!" I could hear the slight crack in his voice, he was trying to hold back his sobs but he was desperate as well.

"No!" I screamed and tried to scramble away from him. The hot silver metal created disruptive noises on the floor as I pushed myself into one corner of the cell. That did nothing to stop my uncle from approaching me.

"Get away from me!" My uncle, or maybe his illusion crouched down with one knee on the ground and gently took my severely bruised arm.

I couldn't see the wounds, but I could feel the soreness and the pungent smell of blood confirmed for me that I had a lot of damage. I could feel a cold metal grazing through my skin, which confirmed my suspicion that this illusion was indeed here to kill me.

I tried to jerk my hand away from him but he painfully kept it in place. I began screaming for the guards to help me or of this miserable situation but it seemed as this cell was soundproof.

"Aphrodite, be calm!" My uncle said sternly, "I'm simply removing the toxic blood from your system. I don't want you to die."

The blank look on my face made him feel uncomfortable and terribly nervous. My uncle was a lot of things, a general practitioner wasn't one of them. I could feel the cold metal lightly scratch the surface of my skin, his hands were trembling. Of course, it would! My uncle wasn't a man who enjoy bloodshed either.

"I'm surprised I even have any blood-" The swift strike of the medical knife released fast running blood down my arm. I did what any other person would do in the situation, which was screaming in pain until I eventually would lose my voice.

"I'm so sorry Aphrodite." He apologised although we both knew that it wouldn't be enough. The excess loss of blood made my head swirl in various directions. I slowly closed my eyes and slowly waited till the pain went away.

"Don't worry, my Queen. No matter what happens, the sun will always rise in the morning." He said as he slowly brushed off the excess hair that fell on my face.

"What if I don't want to wake up anymore?" This wasn't the same girl that everyone was used to, the once-headstrong and optimistic girl was broken down into a hopeless and weak one. Small droplets of water fell on my scarred skin, causing me to wince, not at the pain the salt water caused but because of my uncle crying.

"Sleep now, my child. Tomorrow will be a better day." With that, he vanished into thin air. My heart swelled with emotions after he called me his 'child', even my parents had never referred to me as their child so it was quite an emotional hit when he said that.

It wasn't until the very next morning when I heard the lock of the prison cell being broken did I realise that I had fallen asleep, again. I groaned and sat up from the fetal position I was once in, I touched my skin and felt the rashes disappearing. My uncle, or who I thought was my uncle did a really great job at removing the silver out of my system, although, it hurt like a bitch.

"I'm surprised that you aren't dead yet, my Queen." I groaned in annoyance when I heard the Beta's voice echo in the cell, but that got me thinking, what was he doing here?

"Are you planning to kill me, now?" That was the only viable solution I could come up with. I heard the guards approach me and lift me off my feet, which was quite as I was partially paralysed from the inactivity of my legs as well as the amount of silver in my system.

I felt the guards pull off the silver chains from my body, my eyebrows furrowed at the situation and I swiftly looked at the Beta, slightly tilting my head in concern. He stood there with an amused grin on his face, the sick bastard was enjoying my vulnerable state.