Chapter 21

Ares

As Hermes had mentioned before, gossip was the deadliest disease in the Palace. Aphrodite later followed by saying that it had the potential to kill.

They were both right.

The walls may be bulletproof, soundproof but people's ears always made past the string barriers. Carefully, like a game of Chinese whispers did the rumours spread like vicious wildfires.

Were some of the rumours true? Absolutely not.

However, people couldn't care nonetheless. If they heard about someone remotely threatening them, they would make it their mission to abolish them.

The 'Ambersky Pack' was another notorious place for secret deals and for people who avoided tax evasions. It was the hub of criminal activity, and today it was no different.

Several mysterious people sat in the centre of the bar, they had black hoods over their faces and were only looking at their drinks. For a group that acted like a cult and dressed so secretively, they sure brought on a lot of attention to them by being at the centre of the room.

"I have this feeling," long and sickly thin fingers of a woman swirled on her glass of wine. "That we will be in trouble soon."

"We won't!" A grumpy looking old man interrupted her from her psychic readings. No one in the table was entirely sure what was going to happen, but they knew that their world was about to change. It has been three months since they had heard about the first gossip regarding abdication. For others, it would seem better than they will be gotten rid off, but for them, they desperately needed to cling onto power.

"We won't be safe until we have removed the threat." One of the people on the table spoke, slowly, everyone turned to look at him. This was the first time they had seen each other's face up close.

"How are we going to do that?" The first woman spoke up again, "It's practically impossible to get to her."

"I knew something was wrong the minute she was discharged, what made him think of even doing that?"

"Maybe he's not as strong as we thought." The man who seemed to be the leader of the group spoke out.

"Quite the contrary, it seems to me that we can't manipulate him enough." One of the group members spoke out. The leader sighed as he placed his hands on his face closing his eyes. He rested for a moment thinking about his new plan.

"We must eliminate both of them!" Gasps filled the table causing the entire rooms attention to be on them. The leader swiftly turned his head around and gave everyone a threatening glare. The rest of the people in the bar nodded and looked back into their own business. The leader definitely had some influence over this place.

"And who do you suggest would be our replacement?" The leader paused for a moment, for so long about the potential candidates that could replace the powerful duo, there was only one person that came to his mind. This person wasn't the best option, but it was their last shot to retaining the power. It was time to choose the next Monarch of the Werewolf Kingdom.

"Hades."

Aphrodite

Ares was a smart man, in fact, he was one of the smartest Alpha's I had ever seen. I must say, the way he stole the Kingdom from me was pretty impressive, rather than the stereotypical in-your-face attack most Alpha's do, this was so secretive it barely caught my eye.

Like my uncle, Ares wasn't perfect either. Nobody was made perfect, everyone has flaws which make everyone balanced and equal.

Ares may have removed every single memory of me from the place I used to live in, by building a luxurious palace to hide the sadistic abuse, and removing all my loyal servants so that they wouldn't betray him. That is something I would have never thought he would have done, I'm impressed.