Chapter 6

Aphrodite

Rage.

That was the only emotion I felt running through me at this time. How could the people expect me to be a good ruler when they have Alphas like these controlling them? They blame me for being a woman, but look at the men?

"You are dismissed," I spoke to my guards, they looked at each other in concern and asked the question one more time.

"I said, you two are dismissed! Don't make that permanent." With that, they scurried off and allowed me to walk down the street. The sight was truly sad to see, and it brought tears to my eyes. It really breaks your heart even though you are not the one to contain a lot of feelings.

I decided that I will go and speak to the Alpha. I want to understand why his pack is in this condition, I don't want any feuds... I only want to help.

But doubts started clouding my head. Will he listen to me? Or will he just pass me off as a little girl and take no heed of my advice? What happens if he doesn't listen to me, should I declare this a Rogue pack?

I stormed through the streets, the gravel brushing against my gown creating a loud ruffling sound which definitely caught the attention of the people sitting there. I did not care, at least not now. My primary mission was to meet the Alpha and discuss these matters.

I felt slightly guilty for not informing my uncle, and I prayed to the Moon Goddess that the guards didn't snitch on me. I kept that at the back o my mind and went ahead, walking down to the end of the road where there was a big mansion.

Almost every Alpha had a mansion, where he and his family members lived. I wasn't quite pleased to see the fact that the house was well functioning whereas the outside wasn't. Nevertheless, I walked up the entrance of the mansion despite the security's protests.

I knocked on the door quite loudly making sure that anyone in the house heard it. I had waited for a while before I heard heavy footsteps descend down the stairs. The metal door was pushed open creating a cringeworthy noise, I still kept my face stoic.

There stood in front of me a man with a tall and brooding stature. He wore a well-fitted army suit and had the most intense look in his eyes. It seemed like his eyes were an ingrained truth detector. His grey eyes ran down through my body, and I noticed it's quick movement... he didn't recognise me.

"How may I help you?" He asked. For someone who looks ragged and about to kill you, this man in front of me was pretty well mannered.

"I would like to speak to your Alpha." I'm not sure what card I was playing here, although he seemed manly enough, I didn't think he was an Alpha.

"And who are, young lady?" His expression was that of confusion, he must be surprised by how a woman could walk up to him and be that bold. I smiled thinking of a way to drop the news to him

"Oh dear me," I said with fake exaggeration. "I completely forgot to introduce myself! Where are my manners? My name is Aphrodite, your Queen."

To say that the man in front of me had a paralytic feeling was an understatement. For a moment, he had forgotten how to breathe, although, he quickly recovered from that blow. He immediately bowed in front of me paving the way for me to enter the house. I climbed up the marble steps and entered his house.

I walked in to see to observe the modest situation of this house. It was not made of any grandeur like most of the other Packs and the Castle itself. It was an unpretentious environment, and I seemed to like it. Unlike other Packs, I felt like I was home and it created a warm sensation in my heart.