Chapter 27

Aphrodite

The after party was excruciatingly long, and fighting with my inner wolf wasn't the most comfortable thing ever. Glass after glass, the burning drink went down my throat, slowly pushing her down. The thing is, I should have been happy to find out my wolf was alive, but I was betrayed by her, or lack of her when I needed it the most.

She wanted this, I could tell. She wanted to be dominated by her mate, by while she was in the process of doing that, our relationship was cut off and it will never revive. So, I sat there in a corner of a dark room and swallowed the burning taste of silver. She finally remained silent, by for long.

It was unclear why she was mad at me, I should be the one angry at her. My wolf was naturally a submissive, maybe she hated my defiance. The image of Ares being a King elated her, hence why she decided to come out after seven years. And now, there was nothing stopping her.

The only thing that my wolf cared about now was my punishment. As if Ares breaking my crown wasn't enough, she wanted to destroy my entire bloodline, my history... me.

Forcefully grabbing the mallet, she forced me to stand up and walk outside the dark room. Her destination was one room that I vowed I would never open, the museum.

My legs betrayed me as they walked all the way to the large room covered with a glass door. It was brightly lit, and I was so grateful that no one was there. The door, however, was locked, and the only way I could get past it was to break the glass door with the mallet in my hand. And that is exactly what I did, with one swift movement, the lock was broken and the sirens were heard all around the Palace.

They wouldn't get here on time, they were all busy enjoying the party, getting drunk and hooking up. That left me ample time to do what I had to do in order to get this all over with. There were several crowns in the room, all placed in a circle, and I was in the middle of it. The haunting memories came back to me, my family was evil and it needed to go.

Starting with the oldest one, the one that looked simplistic and rusted, I slammed my mallet over it and crushed it to pieces. Then I went further and further, destroying history as my mate changed history.

After destroying the innumerable crowns, I reached the last two which were so familiar it was engraved in my mind, along with all the shame, abuse and torture. With all my might, I picked up the mallet and banged it against my father's crown. His face immediately disappeared from my mind. Turning, to my right, I saw my brothers hideous crown and broke that one as well.

My brain went into some state of amnesia as I forgot who my family was or what they did, maybe that's why my wolf wanted me to destroy my family's legacy, she wanted me to forget the horrible things they had done and start a new life.

A life with my mate.

Suddenly, warm hands wrapped around my torso, pulling me back from the shattered metal. Another hand wrapped around my right arm, the one with the mallet. I felt myself being pulled back into a warm and soothing embrace that my newly resurrected wolf adored.

"Let go of the mallet, my Queen." His soft voice whispered in my ear, as he reached out to gently grab the mallet out of my arm. My human state was weak, so I let him take the weapon away from me. Something inside me bothered the living daylight out of me, I hated the way he called me a Queen when we all knew the reality.

"I'm no longer a Queen," as I said that, a tear slipped down my eyes and fell onto my collarbone. Ares brought his hand closer to mine and now he engulfed me completely from the back. Slowly leaning back, I rested my head on his shoulder and he rested his on the exposed crook of my neck.