Chapter 20

⚠️ WARNING: Mature Content ⚠️

Aphrodite

Seduction.

It wasn't just the act of persuading someone to have sex with you, it's the art of creating something that interests and attracts people. It's a complicated game and if it doesn't come naturally, then it would require years of training.

Much to my dismay, I barely had a day to seduce my mate. I knew I was playing a dangerous game, however, I had to do this. Ares was a hard man to crack and was definitely very sharp, picking up on the slightest hints, there was absolutely no way I could run anything pass him.

That is unless he is in a state of bliss.

There are two ways to get to a man's heart. The first was through his stomach. Unfortunately, I had been so busy reading various law books on how to abolish the new monarchy that I never even attended Hebe's lessons. She would have probably burned my hand on the pan anyways.

Which left me with my second option, the way to control a man's heart was through his penis. It was a risk and a long shot, but it could be done within a few hours.

Right now, I sat on my bed patiently waiting for Merope to show up. It was embarrassing to say, but I needed her help. I had never done this before and messing this up would be a huge mistake.

I had to create a fine line between alluring him to agree with me, to him taking this as a sign to complete the second phase- marking me. It would be a tragedy for him to do the latter as it would create a worse situation for my escape.

"Yes, my Queen." She came rushing into the room, probably thinking that my orders were an emergency. I let out a small giggle at the way she tried to tend to my needs.

"Calm down, Merope!" I said as I made her sit on the bed near me. She nodded and slightly relaxed once she came into contact with the bed.

"Is there anything I need to do for you?" I nodded, but then paused, not sure how to carry this forward. Awkwardness filled the air, I looked around and gently grazed my hands through the soft bed sheets.

"I need to convince Ares." Merope didn't seem to understand where I was getting to. Unlike Ares, Hermes was oblivious to things and could meet their demands whenever she wanted it.

"I don't understand," she thought, "You're his mate, I'm sure he'd do anything for you."

"Ares is not that kind of man," I managed to say while laughing at the same time. "He's very manipulative, he has the ability to pick up on the slightest hints."

"What do you want to discuss with him?" I froze, I couldn't let Merope know about my plans. No offence, she was a sweetheart, but a little bit of an airhead too. If I told her my plans, she would go straight to her dear mate who just happens to be the Beta. Then, the Beta, another brainwashed person would report it to the Alpha.

Basically, I would be dead.

"Just letting me grab some fresh air," I lied, "I always wanted to go to the lake at the end of the forest."

"Oh, that's it!" She laughed it off like it was nothing. "You can just ask him."

"He won't let me!" I whined, I started to get really annoyed by her, maybe she isn't who I thought she was. She was attractive, yes, but she came off as innocent.

"How do you know?"

"Because I'm his mate!" And there it was, for the second time I had acknowledged our bond. I felt a sudden jolt in my heart that made my breath constricted. I decided to ignore the feeling and continue with my mission.