Chapter 32

Aphrodite

He wanted to be King, my uncle wanted to be King. Who would have thought that one day Hades would be King? Haha, that's funny, I'm going to kill him. His older brother – Poseidon – and my father – Zeus – were both in line for King, and now it's Hades turn. Not gonna happen, not again.

"You do realise I could kill you right now? Threatening the position of the King is an act of high treason." I spoke, my hands hid under my long sleeves, gently grazing the knives I had hidden in them. Why did I put them there? For self defence of course.

My uncle's laughter resonated in the room, "Your mate dethroned you, you don't seem mad about that?"

"Like you would know, you fled when you had the chance." The saltiness in our relationship was visible, everyone could see it, Ares, Dionysus and even the Moon Goddess.

"Aphrodite, if I may interrupt?" Our attention all turned to Ares, he remained relatively quiet during the situation. Good, because I wasn't done with him just yet. "But Hades wouldn't be so stupid to waltz into our room and claim himself as future King."

"See, Aphrodite?" Hades exclaimed, gesturing towards Ares' direction, "Your mate understands, sometimes I wish he was my nephew, taking control of the Kingdom would have been so much easier."

"Sorry, if I wasn't your puppet-"

"Enough!" Ares voice boomed across the room, he was an Alpha, and a King, his voice made everyone cower in fear, including his mentor – my uncle.

"Hades was never meant to show himself," Ares spoke, his eyes charcoal black, and his fangs protruded from his lips, "If he's here, then we are in trouble."

"You're right," my uncle agreed, "I'm here to be King, but not on my own will, it's the Elderly Council who's planning to dethrone Ares and put me instead."

Ugh, not the Elderly Council, what was there problem? Why do they even bother troubling my family? Was Ares not a good King? Did all the good deeds he did for this Kingdom not viable in their eyes?

"Aphrodite, you must understand that the Elderly Council are very backward minded." Ares said, reading my mind. "All they are worried about is the fact that I released you from prison, brought you to court and treated you the way mates should treat each other; with respect and egalitarianism."

"And that's why they think you're becoming weak," my uncle added on, "but after looking at that ass, I can say otherwise-"

"We're about to get killed by something unknown only the Moon Goddess knows about," I interrupted my loud uncle, "The last thing I need is for you to flirt with my mate, when we are on the brink of death."

"Right sorry," my uncle murmured, "Back to the plan, as far as I'm aware the Elderly Council has formed troops of wolves that wish to bathe in Ares' blood."

"That's... wonderful." Ares tried to lighten the mood up, but it was only making me feel worse. I've lost everything, I cannot stand to loose my mate too.

"However, I've gathered a small army." Hades said, as he jumped up and down clapping his hands. This man has gone insane. "It's a small pack, but it's the Bloodrose Pack, the most vicious and dangerous pack thanks to their former Alpha."