Chapter 33

Ares

A tree bark burst through the already broken window, directly aiming towards a paranoid Hades. Luckily, the branch did not hit him, merely brushed over his perfectly styled hair.

Hades turned back to the open battlefield with a glare, "Hey, watch it! I just got my hair done."

It didn't matter if the whole Kingdom was on the verge of war, Hades had to look good while he was about to die. Right now, he was working on a new contract, one that could change the entire face of the monarchy. He wasn't sure if the two love birds would like it, as it would mean they would have reduced power. But Hades taught them both well, always put people's needs before power.

Plus, anything was better than the old, and nearly dead, backward-minded Elderly Council. According to Hades, they had to go. Even though they promised Hades he would be King, Hades was smarter than that, in fact, he was the mastermind of everything that occurred in the last few years. He knew that the Elderly Council would dispose of him soon enough, and maybe place one of his cousins on the throne.

He could hear loud shouting outside the room, and then a loud banging on the door. He knew what was happening, he was cornered and had nowhere to go, except for outside where there was another blood bath. He was trapped, but he was Hades, he always had a back up plan.

The door suddenly opened and in came a few of the strongest Ambersky Pack warriors. They had they claws and elongated teeth out, ready to shred Hades to pieces.

"You're making a mistake, boys," Hades said as he continued to write the clauses, "You have one chance to escape."

As Hades expected, the arrogant wolves charged at Hades. Hades smirked, and opened a box next to him. In the centre of the box lay a red button, there is an unspoken rule, never press the red button. The wolves should have backed out the minute they had their eyes on the button, but they were too late.

Hades pressed the button, immediately shutting the door. He then opened the drawer to his right and pulled out an oxygen mask, quickly putting it on his face.

After a few seconds, a white fog-like gas released in the air. The wolves paused for a moment before collapsing the floor, as the wolfsbane began to burn their lungs away. Meanwhile, Hades simply continued doing his contract.

The war outside kept getting worse, clearly the young wolves couldn't defend the massive gathering under the watchful eye of the Elderly Council. So Hades decided to help them out a bit, in a very unconventional way.

He brought small grenades and placed them towards the forest exactly where the Elderly Council stood. All he had to do was instruct Dionysus to launch the bombs so that the Elderly Council die, in peace of course.

"Dionysus?" Hades yelled, and the next moment Dionysus rushed into the room. Unfortunately, Dionysus wasn't aware of the toxic wolfsbane in the room. Fortunately, Hades had a back up oxygen mask his secretary and quickly tossed it to his colleague. Dionysus wasted no time in placing the mask and breathing normally.

"I need you to go to the tree right next to the Elderly Council, and blow it up," Hades instructed, "But make sure that you don't blow up anyone from our side, especially, not the King and Queen."

Dionysus nodded hesitantly at the life-threatening job he had been assigned. However, he was loyal to Hades and would risk his life for the restoration of peace in the Kingdom. He stormed outside and down the stairs, which were filled with intruders.

Dionysus stretched his hand and claws came up, he began to slice the throats of any wolf that walked his way. Once he was outside, he began to run for his life as he saw that the space near the Elderly Council were quite empty. He didn't want any of his own people stumbling across into the enemy's territory.