Chapter 6

Thomas Lind closed the door behind him, quietly.  

"Go away." Tom Riddle muttered.

Thomas Lind smiled, his eyes full of venom. A madman knows no limits.  

" Tell me, Tom Riddle, can you do that thing of yours again? You know, where you can make things move?" Thomas Lind inquired. 

" I don't know how." Tom Riddle answered. It was true. He had no idea how it happened. 

" We'll just have to do this the hard way, I guess." Thomas Lind whispered, putting on his gloves. He picked up the small boy and pressed him down onto the bed, shackling his thin arms and legs with the thick leather buckles. 

Tom Riddle struggled and withered, but Thomas Lind pressed him down. It was useless to fight against a grown man.  

Thomas Lind closed the last buckle, the one around Tom Riddle's neck. The leather dug into his skin, leaving red marks. 

Thomas Lind then opened a large, heavy looking metal box. He pressed the needles into the boy's skin. 

Tom flinched at the pain. Inch long steel needles were roughly lodged into the skin of his arms and stomach. A bead of blood pooled around the site of needle insertion. The metal rod was visible though the boy's translucent skin. Thomas Lind pressed another one into his heel, making the young boy jerk with pain. 

Tom wanted to cry. He was only five years old. 

But he held back the tears. Crying is a sign of weakness.  

Thomas Lind's eyes glinted with curiosity. If only he could discover the boy's secret. He had seen it happen. Tom Riddle made the door move, without even touching it. He shut the door with his eyes. Tom Riddle could talk to snakes. Thomas Lind found a snake in the backyard, and tried to kill it. The snake found the boy, who broke into a strange, unnatural tongue. If only he could harness the power behind this for his own use.  

 The powers seemed to be some form of self-defense mechanism, implemented only at times of crisis and torture.  

Thomas Lind pressed the button. Bolts of raw electricity shot out of the wires. Sparks of blue and yellow, violent and unpredictable. The power was enough to kill a boy of Tom Riddle's size. 

Riddle bit his lips to prevent himself from crying out. He bit them until his lips were ribbons of blood. The electricity punctured his views, sending the most unimaginable pain though his body. He let out a harrowing screech, giving in to the pain. 

Tears of pain streamed down his pale cheeks. 

Thomas Lind turned it off, staring at the boy with a distorted smile etched on to his unshaven face.  

"Are you ready to talk?" 

Tom Riddle could not talk. His lips were numb. His throat was dry. 

" I guess not."  

" Plea-s  don- AHHH" another wave of electricity shot through the wire, breaking him, torturing him.  His body shook violently with the watts of power surging through his body. He wanted to die. Only death would save him. 

Thomas Lind switched it off again, frustrated that his little experiment produced no result. He banged his fists against the walls in an violent fit, leaving bloody imprints on the light-grey wall. He screamed out, a sound that echoed off the walls, the call of a creature emerging from hell itself. 

The scorching needles still dug into Tom Riddle's skin.  

Thomas Lind violently detracted the needles from his flesh, leaving streams of pain shooting though his body. Riddle screams sounded though the room, into the halls, but no one would come to save him. This part of the nursery was off-limits of the children, and no one dared to come here. Rumors spread among the children that here lived a monster, a crazed, insane child who had violent fits and could kill a bear with his bare hands.  

He unbuckled the restraints, and pushed the boy against the wall. Tom's body was limp and unmovable, leaving Thomas Lind to manipulate however he wished. The boy was his outlet for frustration and a subject of his insanity. 

A much to the jaw. A kick in the ribs. 

" Won't you do that thing again? Why won't you use your freak powers again?" Thomas Lind yelled.   

Tom Riddle cried again. Years after, these memories of torture in Thomas Lind's rooms still haunted him. He swore, in that moment, that one day, he will destroy Thomas Lind. One day, he will kill him. One day, he will take all from the people who hurt him, who betrayed him.  

.................................................

Abigail heard those awful sounds. Kicks, bangs, screams. Distorted echoes of agony and pain. 

" What is that sound?" She asked, scared.  

Lillian shivered. "You didn't know? A monster lives there." 

" What kind of monster?" 

" The worst kind. A psycho.  I heard his eyes are all black, and his nails are sharp." 

" He has no teeth, but he can still bit ya." 

" he has tantrums, and can break wood and steel. I heard Mrs. Cole has to change the door every once in a while because he scratched it up so bad." Another girl chimed in. 

Abigail drew her breath. What kind of creature must dwell in those walls?   

........................................

The next day, Tom Riddle was returned to his rooms. He was injured, bruised, and battered. 

No one asked questions.  

The other boys continued to push him into walls, and make fun of his small stature.  

As always, he greeted them with his indifferent smile.  

He did not fight back, simply because he could not. He had no strength nor will to fight back.  

" Where did you go, freak?" Billy would ask him.  

" A place. " he would reply.