Chapter 45

Again, some details from the Harry Potter books have been changed to accommodate the plot of this fic. 

...............................................

"Sir, I found records of the boy." The messenger reported. 

Marvolo  Delacrioux nodded. "What is it?" 

"Wool's orphanage. Born around 1926, born in winter. The muggle woman Cole said that the boy was dropped off before his mother died in the snow. Was always very headstrong, very determined, they say. I sorted through some Hogwarts files also. Always the top of his class. Particularly popular. Favorite of Slughorns."  

The timing seemed similar...1926....? 

"Slughorn?" 

"The Slytherin head.." 

"Oh yes. The social climbing old  fool... go on. Did you consult the seer?" 

"Yes, sir, I did. She requested that I give this slip of paper to you at once." 

Marvolo opened the envelope.  

May you find truth in the riddle you seek, 

a drop of blood is all it takes.  

A drop of blood? 

"Of course! A blood potion will tell us the answer! You will acquire some of the boy's blood at once!" Marvolo instructed the messenger.  

"Yes, sir." 

.......................................................... 

Suddenly, a figure crept upon Tom Riddle in the dark of the forest. Tom Riddle turned around, seeing the cloaked figure. 

Before the messenger could attack, Tom Riddle pinned him to the ground. 

"Crucio!" He cried angrily. Tom Riddle hated being attacked from behind. It was cowardly and bothersome all at once.  

"Who sent you?" Tom Riddle asked. The Messenger tried to grab his wand, but in a quick motion, Tom Riddle picked it up and broke it in two.  

"Crucio!" Tom riddle said again. The man was distorted with pain, but he refused to open his mouth. 

"Don't bother then. Save your breath." Tom Riddle said. "Avada Kadevra!"   

Tom Riddle grabbed a slip of paper from the Messenger's pockets and laughed coldly. 

"Tell father I send my regards, won't you." He spat to the messenger's corpse. He tied the slip of paper to the owl's leg. 

Marvolo waited on his balcony, anxious for a reply. He saw the familiar owl in the distance and reached out to it. He opened it to reveal a message written in crimson blood.  

Missed me, father?  

Marvolo nearly fell off the balcony in surprise. Merlin. Was it really him? 

Marvolo must lure him in somehow. 

Both were cold serpents. They say, like father, like son, don't they?  

...........................................

Marvolo instructed one of his people to send Tom Riddle a letter. 

Tom Riddle received it, reading the letters and understanding this request. 

Tom Riddle hated the man. He wanted revenge. He was out for blood. He hated this man, because he knew, Marvolo was the ultimate source of all his suffering, all his nightmares.