Chapter 55

Keep your friends close, but your enemies closer....

................................................ 

Cassie opened her palm.

Red dot. 

The single red dot that would completely seal her fate and steer her life into a completely different, wilder course. 

She screamed, then was silent. She looked at the dot again and again, just to make sure it was still there.

Penny heard her scream from the common room and came in to investigate. 

"Um....you okay?" She asked, closing the door from behind her.

Cassie shook her head and broke into tears. 

"I-I'm-I" She cried, burying her head in her hands. 

"Oh shit." Penny muttered. 

"What will I do?" Cassie screamed. "What will I-"

"Calm down, Cass. Let me think." Penny said, sitting down next to her. 

Cassie sobbed, shaking her head. She never asked for this. She wanted Gabriel...but not like this.   What will happen? Will she be expelled? Her parents will be furious. She will be shunned and gossiped about throughout the school....

"Wait. Wait a moment, Cass. Don't cry. Listen to me." Penny said seriously, an idea forming in her scheming mind. 

"What?"

"Listen carefully. This sounds insane but...it might not be a bad thing, would it? I mean..it's Gabriel's baby. I know how you feel about him...A baby. A baby would tie him to you, forever. Think of it, Cass. You guys only did it once, and now you're pregnant with his child. It's fate."

Cassie looked up, listening carefully.  

"Its fate! what else can it be? You're meant to be with him, that's why. I believe that everything happens for a reason. Abigail...he'll forget about that whore once he knows. You're carrying his blood. He has to help you." 

"What are you saying-"

"I'm saying that this your chance! You love him, don't you? Go to him. Tell him."

"What if he doesn't care? What if he-"

"He's Gabriel, Cass. He's a gentlemen. Of course he'll take you in. He'll take care if you, can't you see? However strange this sounds...you're carrying a Delaciroux heir. You're set for life if nothing goes wrong. Go to him. Go to him and show that whore Abigail who Gabriel really belongs with."  

"Thats..." Cassie processed it in her mind for a second. "Do you mean it?"

"Of course." Penny assured her. 

Cassie shook her head in disbelief. The events of the past few hours were...bizarre to say the least. 

Unexpected pregnancy, and now a crazed realization. She loved him so much. Her obsession reached its peak, and she desperately needed him. If this was the only way...so be it. This was never part of the plan, but it sounds so crazy it just might finally work. 

This notion was so deeply ingrained in her brain that she could barely pull herself out. Ever since that night, in her mind, she laid invisible claim on him. 

No matter at what cost, she must love him and have him love her back. 

She straightens her collar and steadies herself.  

................................. 

She ran to him. She searched the common room frantically. She spotted one of his friends and questioned him.