Chapter 9

Soon enough, she forgave him. 

She didn't take anything to heart, after all. He was just upset and throwing a tantrum, she told herself.  

He avoided her, walking away whenever he saw her. 

She tried to find him, in every corner, in every room, but when Tom Riddle didn't want to be found, it was impossible. He was always so good at hide and seek.  

Whenever they played, he would always win, no matter what. 

When she gave up on finding him, she would say, "I give up, Tom Riddle!" 

And somehow, he could crawl out from some hidden corner, where she would've never thought of looking.  

He would smile, and say, "You loose," and cajole her into giving up her daily piece of bubblegum or fruit drop. 

"I give up, Tom Riddle!" She yelled into the empty hallway. No reply, only the echoes of her own voice. 

" I give up!" She yelled again, only to be replied by her own words. 

She looked for him, everywhere, everyday.  

She even wandered into places she shouldn't. 

She walked right into the abandoned nursery.  

She heard those screams, she heard the noises. 

She heard the monsters, saw the demons. 

He was in there, tied onto the bed with leather straps. Thomas Lind decided, that this time, there would be no mercy. 

This time, there would be no boundaries. 

No precautions, no limitations. 

He was dead-on determined, to find the secret to the boy's strange powers. He was going to force it out of him, no matter what it took.  

Tom Riddle's thin body was a limp mass of pain, with lethal dosages of electricity surgeon through his veins. He didn't feel pain anymore. No. This was not pain. This was beyond pain. This was some feeling that emerged from the very depths of hell. Some fire, some ice, burning him, scorching him. splitting apart into a million pieces. 

She pushed opened the door, terrified as to what was inside. 

She met the bloodshot eyes of a madman.  

She screamed, a piecing, definite, terrible noise. 

The noise filled up the whole room, filling it with sound. 

Thomas Lind covered his ears. They suddenly hurt. His head throbbed, pain surging through it.  

The needles extracted themselves from Riddle's skin. 

The noise was unnatural. 

unholy. 

magical.