Chapter 14

"You and I, we'll rule the world." He said, holding her hands as they gazed into the deep night. 

She stared into his eyes. She didn't want the world. She only wanted his heart, believing that he still had one.  

"I will give you everything you've ever wanted, love." Riddle whispered in her ear.

"Everything?" 

"Everything." 

............................................................ 

"Do you want to jump?" He asked, his eyes searching hers. 

"I don't want to live like this anymore, Tom. The torture, the pain. I want to be free." She said. 

"You think you can be free? If that's how easy it was, I would've jumped a long time ago." He told her, walking closer.   

"Don't come here." she cried. "Don't-" 

Her feet slipped on the rock, sending her tumbling backwards into the hungry waves.  

Without hesitation, he jumped after her. 

The icy waters wanted to swallow them, devour them. He felt its iciness penetrate his bones, making all his bruises-old and new-ring with pain.  

But they held on, to life, and to each other.

He caught her, and pulled her back onto the safety of the rocks.  

She coughed, her thin body shivering in the cold. He pressed her against his chest, trying to restore a bit or warmth back into her. 

He became hot, like a warm blanket, using his mysterious powers to raise their temperatures. 

His hands were like fires, heating up the world. 

He caught her eyes, her tear-filled eyes. 

"Don't do anything so stupid ever again, please." he said, as if addressing a small child (which she still was, of course.) 

"I'm sorry." She cried. 

He pressed his forehead against hers. 

"You're are not alone anymore, Abi." He told her. It was perhaps this moment, when she had truly won him over. He wanted to protect her. He wanted to be her protector. He promised he would never let anyone hurt her agin. 

"Why?" She asked, just wanting to hear his answer. 

"Because we have a purpose now, Abi. We have a reason to live, a reason to go on." 

"And what is that?" 

"Mine is Abigail Wool. and you?" 

"Tom Riddle." She whispered.  

He held her hands, and squeezed them. 

"Get up. I think they miss us." He said, a faint smile playing on his lips. 

"Help me up." She said. 

He dropped her hand. 

"Don't be lazy, now."